PDA

View Full Version : OT: No No: A Dockumentary

Kirk Pacenti
05-12-2015, 08:03 AM
Anyone here seen the Dock Ellis (http://www.nonoadockumentary.com/) documentary?

Gives an entirely new (to me) perspective on drugs in sport.

Cheers,
KP

alexstar
05-12-2015, 09:29 AM
I didn't know we had a documentary about it now, but that's very cool. It's such a strange story and he was a real wild man, on and off the field.

ptourkin
05-12-2015, 10:56 AM
Enjoyed it and also the briefer cartoon about the same story. Almost better than the no no was when he tried to hit all of the Cincinnati Reds in order before Murtaugh pulled him.

zzy
05-12-2015, 11:31 AM
Loved it. Had no idea about the racial element of the late 70s Pirates. Dock seemed like a good guy.. when he was sober. Certainly atoned for his earlier life towards the end.

For those that don't know, this is the guy who threw a no hitter on LSD (for real).

Ray
05-12-2015, 11:35 AM
Oh yeah, saw it when it first came out last year sometime. That was always just about my favorite stories from that era. I certainly dabbled in my youth and found myself involved in various activities that at least SEEMED like I was performing in a hell of a high level zone. But I never got into any highly competitive and structured situation like a frickin' MLB game, where the results could be documented. And witnessed by thousands! It went really really right for him that day. But it could have so SO badly wrong too. I can imagine a pitcher curled up in a corner of the dugout, hiding his eyes and NOT wanting to go back out there for the next inning. I don't even remember what he said about HIS at-bats that game, but that must have been a REAL trip...

-Ray

Kirk Pacenti
05-12-2015, 05:38 PM
Almost better than the no no was when he tried to hit all of the Cincinnati Reds in order before Murtaugh pulled him.

Yeah, I thought that was a pretty ballsy statement.

buckfifty
05-12-2015, 06:32 PM
it's currently on netflix if anyone is interested