PDA

View Full Version : Best Price for '15 Chorus Groupset

xeladragon
05-12-2015, 07:29 AM
Ribble? I know Merlin Cycles had an additional 10% off the groupset last week when nothing was in stock, but now that parts are in stock again, the discount no longer applies... bummer. Also, for anyone who has recently purchased a Campy groupset from Ribble, did everything come in the original packaging? Thanks!

boconnor811
05-12-2015, 07:39 AM
I recently purchased a good deal of campy parts from Ribble, only the shifters came in the black campy boxes.

KonaSS
05-12-2015, 07:44 AM
I think you just have to watch Ribble and Merlin for a few weeks and wait for a coupon. Pull the trigger when the price is decent and don't worry if it might be $10 cheaper next week.

Also look to buy the group from individual parts, rather than their groupsets, it may be the same price or cheaper.

I bought 2 groups at once, both from parts, from a combo of both Merlin and Ribble depending on the price per part and stock. Ended up cheaper than either one's "groupset" price.

Most parts did not come in retail boxes, that was not a concern of mine.

xeladragon
05-12-2015, 08:10 AM
I think you just have to watch Ribble and Merlin for a few weeks and wait for a coupon. Pull the trigger when the price is decent and don't worry if it might be $10 cheaper next week.

Also look to buy the group from individual parts, rather than their groupsets, it may be the same price or cheaper.

I bought 2 groups at once, both from parts, from a combo of both Merlin and Ribble depending on the price per part and stock. Ended up cheaper than either one's "groupset" price.

Most parts did not come in retail boxes, that was not a concern of mine.

Good advice... thanks.