PDA

View Full Version : way OT: Inside Amy Schumer - 12 Angry Men parody

eddief
05-11-2015, 03:57 PM
One of the funniest, best done comedy things I have ever seen. If you get a chance, would enjoy hearing opinions.

gasman
05-11-2015, 04:04 PM
I saw it the other day and thought it was an excellent parody of the original film. They got some big name actors for it also. A bit raunchy for those who haven't seen it.

ptourkin
05-11-2015, 04:05 PM
Her Friday Night Lights parody was also spot on.

kevinvc
05-11-2015, 04:23 PM
I am continually impressed by the level of sophistication in her humor. It is definitely enjoyable on a superficial raunchy level (better than most comedians). But there is a lot more social critique going on as well. I saw her stand up show a couple of months ago and really enjoyed it.

My understanding is that she is extremely well respected in her field, as evidenced by the big names willing to appear on her sketch show. :hello:

FlashUNC
05-11-2015, 04:25 PM
Between her show and the genius of Key & Peele, Comedy Central is on a roll with their sketch shows.

nooneline
05-11-2015, 04:39 PM
Yeah. She's killing it. So funny, sharp, and critical all rolled into an excellent package.

Also check out her skit "Last ····able Day."

texbike
05-11-2015, 05:30 PM
I have an absolute crush on Amy Schumer. I just about crap my pants laughing so hard at her stand-up routines.

Have you guys seen the Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee episode with her in it?

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/amy-schumer-im-wondering-what-its-like-to-date-me .

It's cool on so many levels including the Ferrari Daytona breaking down. :)

Texbike

dvs cycles
05-11-2015, 05:46 PM
I liked the outakes at the end. I'm watching and said to my wife the dildoes were a different color than in the show.
Then it dawned on me that we had been watching in Black and White and the outakes were in color.
Old man brain fart.:)

David Kirk
05-11-2015, 05:52 PM
She has very good reason to be very proud of that work.

dave

krhea
05-11-2015, 06:21 PM
Been an Amy fan for a long time and she's really on top of her game right now. Her stand-up is killin' it everywhere and her parodies are so on point it's scary.
The Schumer Show, Key&Peele and Broad City have Comedy Central at the top of comedy crop right now.

Seramount
05-11-2015, 06:29 PM
spent a few hours watching IAS this wkend...

clever stuff.

texbike
05-11-2015, 08:49 PM
Been an Amy fan for a long time and she's really on top of her game right now. Her stand-up is killin' it everywhere and her parodies are so on point it's scary.
The Schumer Show, Key&Peele and Broad City have Comedy Central at the top of comedy crop right now.

Brilliant show! The female Workaholics!

Texbike

Saxon
05-11-2015, 08:53 PM
Was that Amy Schumer? I thought it was a garden gnome!

Really great show and that episode was brilliant (for basic cable)!

cloudguy
05-11-2015, 11:32 PM
Watched it twice - hilarious both times. Loved the math proof on the chalkboard showing Amy = Reasonable Chub.

cloudguy
05-11-2015, 11:37 PM
I have an absolute crush on Amy Schumer.

So you think she is hot enough for basic cable? Even with her cabbage-patch-like features?

mcteague
05-12-2015, 06:32 AM
So you think she is hot enough for basic cable? Even with her cabbage-patch-like features?

Amy already covered that.

Tim

texbike
05-12-2015, 08:04 AM

A Kate Upton she is not, but she's a hell of a lot funnier! :)

Texbike

Ray
05-12-2015, 11:49 AM
A Kate Upton she is not, but she's a hell of a lot funnier! :)

Texbike

There's a pretty great moment in her episode of the Seinfeld thing (drinking coffee, riding in cars, etc) where she actually talks about being seated at a table with Kate Upton once and how there was no use trying to be funny or smart in that situation because nobody could focus on anything but Kate Upton. And how someone afterwards said to her that Kate Upton was funny, which had she and Seinfeld in near hysterics...

-Ray

dvs cycles
05-12-2015, 06:10 PM
My cable guide listed it as "12 Angry Men Inside Amy Schumer". :banana:

cmg
05-12-2015, 08:36 PM
funny stuff, way to hold up a mirror.

bironi
05-12-2015, 10:53 PM
Thanks. I had not seen her show. Loved it.

Saint Vitus
05-13-2015, 10:19 AM

Her humor and intellect are pretty damn sexy if you ask me.

Seramount
05-14-2015, 06:22 PM
the 12 Angry Men spoof was excellent...

the original movie is one of my all-time faves, they really captured the essence of it.

and fwiw, in the parody movie vein...I watched the 1957 b/w movie 'Zero Hour' (Dana Andrews) last nite.

I had NO idea it was the basis for the comedy classic 'Airplane'...and I consider myself to be a movie buff...large parts of the dialogue in Airplane are lifted directly from ZH.

who knew...?