View Full Version : floyd and the tour

Dr. Doofus
04-21-2006, 08:16 PM
vote,

bro --

yo

Ginger
04-21-2006, 08:20 PM
Boy, don't we have huge confidence in his tour chances. But then, top 5 ain't chicken scratch.

e-RICHIE
04-21-2006, 08:21 PM
hey whatabout peter mazur in georgia.
a former world champ resurrected atmo.

Dr. Doofus
04-21-2006, 08:24 PM
italy not kind to PM

nice to see him rolling again

e-RICHIE
04-21-2006, 08:27 PM
italy not kind to PM

nice to see him rolling again

they took his underground away too?

Dr. Doofus
04-21-2006, 08:29 PM
they took his underground away too?

italy certainly took his knee

papa's website is maybe sorta mp

dbrk
04-21-2006, 09:39 PM
Basso. His time has come. But you have to have The Lucky.

dbrk

Headwinds
04-21-2006, 09:52 PM
As I said last year when someone said that Danielson was going to do well at the Giro:

These races in the USA ain't the same as those races in the continent, no matter how hard the US races appear to us.

IMO, the Floyd could do well at the Tour, but there will be a lot of competition from some guys we have not seen race hard this year: Basso, Vino, Ulrich, any others?

pdxmech13
04-21-2006, 11:11 PM
you mtf's know everyone that got on a bike
makes me feel like I'm wild at heart

Climb01742
04-22-2006, 04:51 AM
what douglas said. basso. would love to see valverde (sp?) up there too. as far as floyd (a weird group of 5 letters, no?) goes, he'll do very well in the TTs but i wonder about the mountains... i have this sneaky feeling he'll have one bad day in the mountains. i can see floyd top 10 fer sure, maybe 4-7ish. but no podium for floyd. between one bad day in mountains and a team that ain't equal to the best... but what do i know?

i'll be curious how he does today on the big baldy in georgia. disco had his # there last year.

jerk
04-22-2006, 08:40 AM
the jerk hopes the mennonite spazz has a good tour de france. it would be really funny to have a frootloop like floyd win the tour right particularly after lance.

jerk

Dr. Doofus
04-22-2006, 08:56 AM
its basso

and then about 5 or 6 guys who are all about even -- jan, levi, floyd, vino, and maybe valverde...they all have big strengths and small question marks...but this year's tour favors a TT cat....

stevep
04-22-2006, 05:26 PM
im telling you. danielson.
postal (oops ) disco is setting up his schedule for tour only... like the other guy they had.

jerk
04-22-2006, 06:24 PM
im telling you. danielson.
postal (oops ) disco is setting up his schedule for tour only... like the other guy they had.

ferreti should have hit that kid in the head with his cane.

jerk

(p.s. burritos suck.)

stevep
04-22-2006, 07:05 PM
not the only place he worked on him im afraid.

jerk
04-22-2006, 07:12 PM
not the only place he worked on him im afraid.

there were no burrittos in ferreti's trunk that's for sure.

jerk

BumbleBeeDave
04-22-2006, 07:18 PM
. . . Anyone who is a Mennonite is a "spazz" and a "fruitloop?"

Am I reading this correctly, or is there some subtext I am unaware of?

BBD

e-RICHIE
04-22-2006, 07:21 PM

BBD

no - you're thinking of wierd al and amish paradise atmo

jerk
04-22-2006, 07:24 PM

BBD

no. but floyd is a spazz and a frootloop. it has nothing to do with his religious upbringing.....in fact it's inspite of it and in contrast to it. ask anyone who knows landis. he is a spazz and a frootloop. and the jerk likes him and would love to see someone like him win the first post-lance tour because he is in many ways the anti-lance.

jerk

BumbleBeeDave
04-22-2006, 07:31 PM
" . . . it has nothing to do with his religious upbringing"

Glad to hear it. I would have to respectfully disagree with the "spazz" part, though. I am assuming his nerve coordination is probably fairly good, or else he would not have finished second on today's stage. ;)

But I also have to admit I have not read a great deal about him. I think considering some of the other characters I've read about in the peloton, he would have to go a ways to truly be the wierdest.

Why do you feel he's the "Anti-Lance?" (Serious question. I'm not trying to start a fight.)

BBD

stevep
04-22-2006, 07:46 PM
" . . .
Why do you feel he's the "Anti-Lance?" (Serious question. I'm not trying to start a fight.)

BBD

i can answer that for the jerk.
cause he's not a ****.
he's a nice kid that you could hang out with and not get bounced by his body guard.

e-RICHIE
04-22-2006, 07:48 PM
cause he's not a ****.
he's a nice kid that you could hang out with and not get bounced by his body guard.

the poochmeister goes for the jugular atmo -

fstrthnu
04-22-2006, 08:06 PM
cause he's not a ****.

At least You are right about something! (danielson, IMHO MP Bro) They don't serve Taco Hell in the TDF... He's out of luck.

Fstrthnu

Floyd all the way. One of the coolest cats hands down.

Ginger
04-22-2006, 08:28 PM
Why is Floyd the anti-Lance?

In part Dave, you said it yourself: You haven't read much about him.

I don't suspect you will either unless he wins (somewhat normal sports personalities don't excite the media much do they?)

Fixed
04-22-2006, 09:03 PM
bro basso or floyd ..............,vino ,jan ? climb and t.t.
cheers