PDA

View Full Version : Campy Brake Disassembly

srice
05-08-2015, 07:22 PM
OK, I'm having one of those nights. Nothing is going smoothly and I should probably just quit before I screw something up.

My wife broke the spring in her 2008 Campy Record brake. It is a single pivot skeleton. I have the replacement spring and went to pull the caliper apart to replace it. I pulled the lock nut off - 15mm wrench on the lock nut and a 13mm cone wrench on the spacer that holds the spring. Now I'm stuck. The spacer/spring retainer does not pull straight off. If I try to turn this piece, the entire threaded shaft turns with the spacer. Any hints on how I remove this?

choke
05-08-2015, 08:31 PM
That piece is threaded as well. Is there a torx/allen for the mounting bolt? (there is on the Chorus that I have but no idea on Record).

If not, you could use two nuts further back on the bolt tightened together to hold the bolt from turning.

fogrider
05-08-2015, 10:48 PM
download here: http://www.campagnolo.com/AU/en/Components/record_brakes

oldpotatoe
05-09-2015, 07:06 AM
OK, I'm having one of those nights. Nothing is going smoothly and I should probably just quit before I screw something up.

My wife broke the spring in her 2008 Campy Record brake. It is a single pivot skeleton. I have the replacement spring and went to pull the caliper apart to replace it. I pulled the lock nut off - 15mm wrench on the lock nut and a 13mm cone wrench on the spacer that holds the spring. Now I'm stuck. The spacer/spring retainer does not pull straight off. If I try to turn this piece, the entire threaded shaft turns with the spacer. Any hints on how I remove this?

That piece that holds the spring is threaded..it's really tight too. A cone wrench around the flats to remove, lefty-loosey.