PDA

View Full Version : Oleg Tinkov in his own words. Yikes!

cloudguy
05-08-2015, 12:34 PM
This guy seems like he would be a good villain in a James Bond movie or something. Glad I don't work for him or anyone like him.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/oleg-tinkov/oleg-tinkov-blog-i-think-im-a-good-substitution-for-bjarne-riis

verticaldoug
05-08-2015, 12:50 PM
the guy is basically a payday lender in Russia. Payday lenders in the U.S. are already villians, now throw a little Russia into the secret sauce, and yes, you have a James Bond type Villian.

Black Dog
05-08-2015, 01:20 PM
His words about Riis:

"I think people have now understood why he left the team. He didn’t actually do much. His role was to sit in the team car, decide tactics and give orders to the riders, to motivate them. He was not involved in the preparation of the riders and in the training. He was not involved in the management of the team either. That’s what I wanted him to do but he didn’t do it. That’s one of the reasons why we separated."

I am sure that Riis sat around and did nothing...:rolleyes:

Bstone
05-08-2015, 02:55 PM
Bosses like that always motivate me (never).

Shortsocks
05-08-2015, 03:04 PM
Oleg Tinkov is the Jerry Jones of Cycling. Best way I can Explain it.
Both of them will Spend Millions of Dollars buying Athletes and when they dont perform they blame someone else, other than themselves for spending so much money.

The Good thing about Tinkov is hes generally over in the EU and Russia...But unfortinaly I have to deal/Listen with Jerry Jones here in Dallas on a daily Basis. :mad::mad:

tiretrax
05-08-2015, 03:07 PM
He has an intersting method for motivating Sagan. At least he didn't blast Bobby Julich.

bcroslin
05-08-2015, 03:10 PM
His words about Riis:

"I think people have now understood why he left the team. He didn’t actually do much. His role was to sit in the team car, decide tactics and give orders to the riders, to motivate them. He was not involved in the preparation of the riders and in the training. He was not involved in the management of the team either. That’s what I wanted him to do but he didn’t do it. That’s one of the reasons why we separated."

"The beatings will continue until moral improves...."

ScottM
05-08-2015, 03:56 PM
Riis has always struck me as intelligent, savvy and knowledgeable. Tinkov may believe that his success in other areas will enable him to easily replace Riis and his contributions but I bet he finds that it ain't easy.

FastforaSlowGuy
05-08-2015, 04:36 PM
Humble guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macadamia
05-08-2015, 05:07 PM
here take this Oleg Tinkov tweet https://twitter.com/olegtinkov/status/501295009761857537

Oleg Tinkov
‏@olegtinkov

@TordFuglstad buy russian Kalashnikov, go the the island , find summer camp and kill the kids, smart Norvegian

···· this guy

don compton
05-08-2015, 09:04 PM
In Putin's Oligarthy, when the going gets tuff, his buddies start to feel the pinch.Currently, Oleg is not a happy man. He may not be able to make payroll. Typical narcissist, blame everyone else. The guy is going to destroy this team.

Mayhem
05-08-2015, 09:15 PM
Oleg Tinkov is the Jerry Jones of Cycling. Best way I can Explain it.
Both of them will Spend Millions of Dollars buying Athletes and when they dont perform they blame someone else, other than themselves for spending so much money.

Jerry Jones was the 2014 NFL Executive of the Year. And he can't spend more than the other teams. And I've never heard him blame other people for poor performing players.

CunegoFan
05-08-2015, 09:30 PM
His words about Riis:

Actually quite a bit of information about problems with Riis has leaked out. Even before he sold the team, riders were unhappy about his lack of interest. My guess is that once he had the money in hand and it was no longer his team, the problems got worse.

Still, Oleg is not helping matters. In the future he will find it much harder to convince riders to sign for his team.

Shortsocks
05-08-2015, 09:58 PM
Jerry Jones was the 2014 NFL Executive of the Year. And he can't spend more than the other teams. And I've never heard him blame other people for poor performing players.

Lol. Of course you haven't heard him blame anyone because he never blames anyone. And yes, the PFWA named him NFL executive of the year....nice Flag in your avatar.

oldpotatoe
05-09-2015, 07:14 AM
In Putin's Oligarthy, when the going gets tuff, his buddies start to feel the pinch.Currently, Oleg is not a happy man. He may not be able to make payroll. Typical narcissist, blame everyone else. The guy is going to destroy this team.

Much better to blab about your team in a farging BLOG than actually talk to them..typical guy with more money than talent.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sagan-i-want-to-speak-with-tinkov-eye-to-eye

firerescuefin
05-09-2015, 07:56 AM
Lol. Of course you haven't heard him blame anyone because he never blames anyone. And yes, the PFWA named him NFL executive of the year....nice Flag in your avatar.

I'm no Cowboy or Jerry Jones Fan/Defender. I root strongly against both. But I'll say this. He put up most of the money for their stadium, rather than holding the city hostage. As a GM he has actually started to make good moves that are resulting to better play on field. They are poised to have a very good season this year.

On topic. Tinkov is a clown. Good luck getting other high profile guys on that team. I'm sure AC and Sagan rue the day they went with him.

gavingould
05-09-2015, 09:00 AM
Tinkov won't stick around cycling long. i think if the squad doesn't get at least 2 grand tour wins this year, i think he'll pull out, blaming the riders.

deluxerider
05-09-2015, 05:41 PM
Sounds to me as if his success in business has gone to his head. He feels that since he made a billion dollars doing one thing he has the talent and brains to translate that to another. He is basically just a fan with the means to own a team. At least Jerry Jones played football at at a D1 collegiate level.