PDA

View Full Version : Hit and Run Fatality in Rochester, NH

Bruce K
05-07-2015, 04:14 PM
51 year old Jeffrey Howard

Found dead on the side of the road with his mangled bicycle

Bike commuter according to news report

Police have the pickup truck

Still looking for the driver but they say they are closing in on his/her identity

BK

Nags&Ducs
05-07-2015, 05:23 PM
I hope a group of vigilantes finds the fockturd first and string him/her by the balls/(...eh, something painful)!!!!

merlinmurph
05-07-2015, 07:24 PM
Hit and run - the lowest of the low.

AngryScientist
05-07-2015, 07:32 PM
Hit and run - the lowest of the low.

I agree. Accidents do happen, but to leave another human being to die on the roadside is a scumbag move, period.

schwa86
05-08-2015, 04:57 AM
I think this is awful, obviously. I did just look at the TV report as I have ridden in that area. It appears he was hit on an extremely "busy" road (though probably not at that time) leading to a highway on-ramp at 12:30 in the AM (ie after midnight) with no lights and no reflective clothing (to link to another thread re OR taillight requirement legislation).

The story I looked at was here. http://www.wmur.com/news/bicyclist-killed-in-hitandrun-accident-in-rochester/32859068

marciero
05-08-2015, 06:00 AM
Oh man... Very upsetting, sad, tragic. And is very troubling.

rburnham13
05-08-2015, 07:01 AM
They found the truck, but not the driver yet. Sad story. The could have stopped and maybe helped to save his life. Instead, vehicular homicide charge. The man sat there barely alive for over an hour, before a passing motorist saw him.
The part that throws me off, is that the cyclist was riding at 11PM with no lights or reflective clothing. Not a smart idea.

ultraman6970
05-08-2015, 07:14 AM
Riding at night with no lights or anything??? if the driver was drunk or tired then you have a problem with two people. I know somebody who ran over a pedestrian around 1am in a intersection in a hwy just because of the similar circumstances, he did not see the poor hobo walking over the intersection because was a curved road and because the dude was walking in the road itself not at the grabble side of it.

Hope they find out the truth soon. IMO the driver should have stayed there and called 911, now everything looks worse, who knows why the driver went gonzo too.

I think this is awful, obviously. I did just look at the TV report as I have ridden in that area. It appears he was hit on an extremely "busy" road (though probably not at that time) leading to a highway on-ramp at 12:30 in the AM (ie after midnight) with no lights and no reflective clothing (to link to another thread re OR taillight requirement legislation).

The story I looked at was here. http://www.wmur.com/news/bicyclist-killed-in-hitandrun-accident-in-rochester/32859068