PDA

View Full Version : San Diego Ride

Ken Robb
04-21-2006, 02:17 PM
In honor of Kevan's visit Diego Donn and I are taking him around Mission Bay and up to Point Loma tomorrow around 9am. Anyone in the area is welcome to join us.

Slowgoing (Don) could come down and get his new wheels, killing 2 birds.
Tom Byrnes can come and wash all of our bikes with the designer water of his choice.

Anyone interested please call 858-405-7701. Ken

Tom Byrnes
04-22-2006, 02:05 AM
Ken,

I wish I could join you Donn and Kevan, but I cannot. It would be great to ride with you three again.

I have been engaged in trial since April 12th and have been neglecting my other clients' matters while working on my trial. So, I have to see clients and work on both Saturday and Sunday to try to catch up with those matters. :crap:

I hope you guys have a great time.

Tom

Ken Robb
04-23-2006, 12:39 AM
Diego Donn(the Stud) rode down from Vista, about 30 miles and met Kevan and me at Chez Robb. We got Kevan fitted on our CSI and set off for Mission Bay. After a quick loop around much of that we headed over to Ocean Beach for the climb to Point Loma. Donn headeed for his truck in Old Town as he had to start baking for his dinner guests this evening. Kev and I rode the rollers to the tip of Pt. Loma, toured the National Monument, gun emplacements, lighthouse, etc. Yes Steve Palincsar, I forgot my Golden Age Pass and still talked the ranger into letting us in free. The views were stupendous, as usual, of SD Bay, downtown, ocean, Mexico, mountains, Etc.

Then we had the lovely swoop back down the hill, where even I can do 30+mph with little effort, to Sportsman's Landing for the fresh Ahi tacos and Yellowtail Ale. Kevan had ROOTBEER???????? Sandy may be right about him.

We went back along the wildlife sanctuary by SD River where we saw herons and other birds. By now the typical headwinds home had come up and every biker in town passed me on the way home. Kevan has the CSI for the rest of his time here and we hope to get together for another ride or two.

I make great friends through this forum and every time I ride my Legend like today I fall in love with it all over again.

rePhil
04-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Brought back some memories.I used to do a photo shoot every year on Mission Bay.

Ken Robb
04-24-2006, 10:59 AM
speaking of pics:here's the obligatory shot of my garage door mostly obliterated by Kevan, Ken, and Diego Donn on CSI, Legend, Legend.

Kevan
04-24-2006, 12:09 PM
It's terrific to be able to visit a town, post a heads-up, and meet with some wonderful folk and do some cycling to boot. What a pleasure it was to meet Ken, steal his bike, and go for ride. It's always fun to connect faces to the handles we use here. So I can now add to the growing roster Ken Robb and Diegodonn as two swell guys who are a pleasure to ride with.

Hey, what's wrong with rootbeer????

Ken's beautiful CSI is safely tucked in my hotel room waiting for any and all chances to get outside for a ride. Thanks again Ken for the loan. I promise to take good care of your steed.

Diegodonn
04-24-2006, 12:33 PM
Hey Kevan,
It was great to finally meet you! Not everything Sandy says about you is true! It was fun riding with you guys, sorry I had to leave a little early. I'm hoping we can get together again this Saturday for another ride.
Tom,
Sorry you couldn't make it, but we do need to get you down here when your schedule frees up a bit. My Legend is begging for a Fuji bike wash. He he

Donn

Fixed
04-24-2006, 03:07 PM
bro west coast serotta s cool.... looks like some bros were havin some fun
cheers