PDA

View Full Version : World has ended: Walmart is selling DeMarchi wool jerseys

Waldo
05-07-2015, 01:19 PM
I'm speechless: http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=wool%20cycling%20jersey

JeffS
05-07-2015, 01:21 PM
I didn't know they'd setup an Amazon-like marketplace.

Shouldn't be surprised I suppose. I can't recall ever visiting the site unless someone linked to it.

cfox
05-07-2015, 01:23 PM
It's not really walmart...they are just acting as a sales conduit like Amazon. You won't find any demarchi jerseys at an actual walmart. Went to walmart a couple of months ago; what a freakin' dump. The place was a dirty, disorganized mess. It was more like a railroad salvage type store than an actual retail establishment. Maybe the store I was in was just a bad example.

559Rando
05-07-2015, 01:24 PM
it's not really walmart...they are just acting as a sales conduit like amazon. You won't find any demarchi jerseys at an actual walmart. Went to walmart a couple of months ago; what a freakin' dump. The place was a dirty, disorganized mess. It was more like a railroad salvage type store than an actual retail establishment. Maybe the store i was in was just a bad example.

+1mm

christian
05-07-2015, 02:05 PM
railroad salvage type store
What's a railroad salvage store? That sounds awesome.

One locomotive, slightly used?

https://iconicphotos.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/20060729130537train_wreck_at_montparnasse_1895.jpg ?w=700

Saint Vitus
05-07-2015, 03:54 PM
The prices aren't all that 'Walmart' like...

Mark McM
05-07-2015, 03:59 PM
According the link in the original post, the DeMarchi jerseys are "Sold & Shipped by Bikewagon", which I presume is some online retailer independent of Walmart.

It appears that Walmart is using an "Online Marketplace" system, where Walmart simply acts as the portal for independent retailers. Similar systems are used by Amazon, Sears, BestBuy and others. (Amazon goes one step further, and often acts as the fulfillment center for independent retailiers). Welcome to the 21st century world of retailing!

Cicli
05-07-2015, 04:03 PM
Hey and at the bottom of the list you can get a plus sized women's sweater also. Awesome.

54ny77
05-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Will they have plus-size Rapha? I'm a buyer of that, and a case of Mobil 1 all day long.

saab2000
05-07-2015, 05:45 PM
It's not really walmart...they are just acting as a sales conduit like Amazon. You won't find any demarchi jerseys at an actual walmart. Went to walmart a couple of months ago; what a freakin' dump. The place was a dirty, disorganized mess. It was more like a railroad salvage type store than an actual retail establishment. Maybe the store I was in was just a bad example.

No, they're just like that. There's one I go past all the time on the way to my local ride and since I go past it early, the parking lot is mostly empty. It's full of trash and litter and generally looks bad, with carts strewn about and the carts themselves look like crap, some of them being rusty. I occasionally go to one at one of our layovers and while their prices might be good, they're not good if I can't get what I'm looking for in a reasonable size.

I only go to buy some fresh berries and the ones I saw were sold in large packages, so were probably cheaper on a unit basis but I don't want that large a package. I bought them because I wanted them and we feasted on blackberries and blueberries for a few days but ended up throwing a lot out. It's no bargain and the shopping experience is unpleasant, with dingy and dark stores.

When I was leaving the one I go to every couple months the store's security people were with a customer whose car had been broken into. They were waiting for the local police.

dumbod
05-08-2015, 01:22 PM
That's all well and good but the real question is:

What prompted you to search Walmart for Demarchi jerseys in the first place?

unterhausen
05-08-2015, 01:35 PM
That's all well and good but the real question is:

What prompted you to search Walmart for Demarchi jerseys in the first place?

probably searched for jerseys and was surprised to see a walmart link?

binxnyrwarrsoul
05-08-2015, 01:39 PM

Nope, not a bad example, all of them are dumps.

R3awak3n
05-08-2015, 01:57 PM
I dunno what wallmarts yall going to but the wallmarts I have been to have been fine, look and cleanliness wise. Same doesn't go for the people that were in them.

soulspinner
05-08-2015, 02:02 PM
The prices aren't all that 'Walmart' like...

My first thought as well............

-dustin
05-08-2015, 02:25 PM
I have noticed that the quality of Wal-Mart is related to the quality of the area it is in, which shouldn't be a surprise. I've been to some that are spotless, friendly, bright, and...well, pretty much badass.

I've been to others that have been rundown dumps. I can same the same for Home Depots, movie theatres, bike shops. Nothing new.

peanutgallery
05-08-2015, 02:57 PM
"Faded Glory" brand - wonder if that's a play on words?:)

Hey and at the bottom of the list you can get a plus sized women's sweater also. Awesome.

19wisconsin64
05-08-2015, 05:53 PM
...well that's my dream. There is such a huge demand for bicyle clothing, for road cyclists and spin cyclists that I hope that one day soon a large retailer takes it upon themselves to sell these at a discount vs. the "name brands". I'm just sick of paying $250 for a few ounces of lycra. ok, rant over!

happycampyer
05-08-2015, 06:09 PM
What's a railroad salvage store? That sounds awesome.

One locomotive, slightly used?

https://iconicphotos.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/20060729130537train_wreck_at_montparnasse_1895.jpg ?w=700

Where's the "like" button?

rnhood
05-08-2015, 06:19 PM
I have noticed that the quality of Wal-Mart is related to the quality of the area it is in, which shouldn't be a surprise. I've been to some that are spotless, friendly, bright, and...well, pretty much badass.

I've been to others that have been rundown dumps. I can same the same for Home Depots, movie theatres, bike shops. Nothing new.

Agree. The ones in Raleigh NC are great (I think we have 5 or 6 now). Well managed, clean and nicely laid out. The more rural ones that have been around a while tend to look rundown and often dirty especially in the parking lots.