PDA

View Full Version : Which mini-pump or frame/pump

stephenmarklay
05-05-2015, 09:37 AM
I lost mine on a ride last week from my jersey pocket so I need to replace it. Which ones are not huge but work great?

enr1co
05-05-2015, 09:42 AM
Im happy with my Lezyne mini- the hose attachment really helps with pumping ergonomics instead of those pumps that you have to connect directly on to a stem valve.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/lezyne-pressure-drive-high-pressure-hand-pump

tiretrax
05-05-2015, 09:46 AM
Im happy with my Lezyne mini- the hose attachment really helps with pumping ergonomics instead of those pumps that you have to connect directly on to a stem valve.

I have several and given them as gifts (which were appreciated greatly). Fantastic pump that I discovered on a trip when I had multiple flats on what should have been a long ride but cut short due to running out of CO2 canisters.

sandyrs
05-05-2015, 09:58 AM
Agreed with the above. I would never buy anything else if mine ever broke, which it seems unwilling to do.

bingomck
05-05-2015, 10:01 AM
Does anyone know of a full size frame pump with a hose attachment?

If there isn't one, what is the largest mini pump with a hose?
Thanks!

gpendergast
05-05-2015, 10:35 AM
For more remote rides or overnights I use the Lezyne Micro Floor Drive HPG. Bit too big for a jersey but it can be frame mounted if you don't mind the look.

I've been using the PDW ninja pump for shorter rides. Basically a CO2 head with an emergency backup pump

guido
05-05-2015, 10:41 AM
The Lezyne micro floor drive (I use the high volume version) is the best pump I have used. Very well done.

Fishy1923
05-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Agree with all the above. I researched it before I ultimately decided to pull the trigger on it and have been very pleased.

rePhil
05-05-2015, 11:58 AM
Not full size but...Topeak Road Morph.

http://www.topeak.com/products/Pumps/RoadMorphG

Does anyone know of a full size frame pump with a hose attachment?

If there isn't one, what is the largest mini pump with a hose?
Thanks!

OldCrank
05-05-2015, 12:12 PM
commuting year-round, I keep a Roadmorph on the frames. Has an inline pressure indicator that shows that it gets up to 100psi or so in a reasonable time, and has a flip-down foot hold, really nice.

R3awak3n
05-05-2015, 12:14 PM
I use the Topeak masterblaster. Its not fancy but gets the job done. I hate mini pumps, I only take the mini pump if I am going on a hour ride, anything longer frame pump it is.

I do wish the masterblaster had a hose, someone out there need to make a good frame pump with pull out hose.

SlackMan
05-05-2015, 12:24 PM

Is it necessary to use threaded Presta valves with the Lezyne, or do un-threaded ones work also?

choke
05-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Another vote for the Lezyne Pressure Drive.

Is it necessary to use threaded Presta valves with the Lezyne, or do un-threaded ones work also?It works fine on smooth valve stems - it threads on to the little section at the very end.

milkbaby
05-05-2015, 02:01 PM
I have various Lezyne minipumps on my 3 road bikes and 1 trail bike. Awesome pumps. I use the included frame bracket that mounts with the bottle cage bolts to keep one on each bike. Many other companies have started making minipumps with hose and thread-on chuck, so there are some less expensive alternatives to Lezyne now. Giant actually makes a pretty nice looking one that's only $20 or $25.

tlittlefield
05-05-2015, 03:21 PM
I vote for the Lezyne as well, well made and the hose it great!!

makoti
05-05-2015, 03:35 PM

I have the Road Drive (two, actually) & it is great. I think it's a bit bigger, but not really sure of the differences. Just know I've used it more than I would have liked to and never had an issue.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/lezyne-road-drive-hand-pump?ti=UExQIENhdDpNaW5pIFB1bXBzOjE6MjpjY0NhdDEwMD M4Nw&skidn=LED0121-BLAGLO-M

dk2ck
05-05-2015, 06:11 PM
I have owned a couple of the Lezye mini pumps but recently bought a Topeak Racerocket (http://topeak.com/products/Pumps/racerocket_hp_bk) which I really like. It also has a hose but I found that I can pump to high pressures with the Topeak.

rnhood
05-05-2015, 06:31 PM
I like the Racerocket too. All that's needed in a small pump.

phutterman
05-05-2015, 07:09 PM
My Lezyne Road Drive in the smaller size has served me consistently and well, and you won't regret it, but I must admit I'm carrying a Topeak Mini Morph that I won somewhere or other more and more often instead.

It's (some, but not tons) bigger and less pretty, and the mount it comes with is terrible (so it's only ever in my pocket) but being able to use it like a little floor pump is pretty awesome. Construction doesn't seem quite as nice but it's held up well so far.

gavingould
05-05-2015, 07:13 PM
Topeak Road Morph has ridden in a jersey pocket for several years with no problems

Louis
05-05-2015, 07:17 PM
I know I shouldn't say this, and I'll surely soon rue this statement, but ever since I got my Lezyne Road Drive in the fall of 2012, I have not gotten a single flat while out on the road. Not once have I had to use it!

What more can you ask from a pump? It's so good it protects the tires.

Other than not having to ever use it, I'm impressed. I got it because of the hose-thingy and it's light, compact, and the build quality is very good.

stephenmarklay
05-05-2015, 09:35 PM
It sure sounds like lessen is it now just a matter of which one. Thanks everyone much appreciated.

jr59
05-05-2015, 09:38 PM
I know I shouldn't say this, and I'll surely soon rue this statement, but ever since I got my Lezyne Road Drive in the fall of 2012, I have not gotten a single flat while out on the road. Not once have I had to use it!

What more can you ask from a pump? It's so good it protects the tires.

Other than not having to ever use it, I'm impressed. I got it because of the hose-thingy and it's light, compact, and the build quality is very good.

Oh no! You know what that means. For your sake I hope not.:cool:

fogrider
05-06-2015, 12:11 AM
I use the topeak micro rocket in carbon and alum. it requires many strokes but it can get over 100 psi...no hose, but really clean look and crazy light! I think I've used it 3 or 4 times on the road with no problems.

roydyates
05-06-2015, 10:20 AM
I use both the Lezyne and the Road Morph G. Both have been excellent. The key is not just the hose but the ability to pump against the mini floor stand.