PDA

View Full Version : Shipping woes and mercy of the man!

Dave B
04-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Ok, so I received recently my first Single Speed MTB ever and was thrilled about the deal, the guy I talked to and the bike that was sitting on my door step.

A DeSalvo steel rigid with fairly decent parts. It is the actual one on his website desalvocycles.com and I could hardly wait!

As I get closer to the box I see how damaged it is and how poorly packaged it was. I thought to myself, "Self take pictres incase something is wrong!"

Guess what!!!!?????!!!!! :crap: Huge dent in the down tube (although I am hoping it is not going to be too much of a problem) So I take pictures and send it back to the guy and say uh we need to sort out a claim with DHL (shippers)

What had happened is the guy's bike shop did not pack it well and the front hub slammed into the down tube and left the nasty dent!

So the claim is filed on my part and DHL, while being polite said it was up to the shipper. ( I did get insurance, $1000, so no worries there)

He says when he get sth emoney he will send me $700 and keep $300 to himslef for the trouble! (Where is the icon for dumb founded!!!)

Talk about getting it stuck to you by the man! :)

H1449-6
04-20-2006, 01:51 PM
I don't get it. The guy who sold you the bike is going to give you only a portion of the insurance money? Either he's ripping you off (by withholding money you should receive to compensate you for the damaged bike) or he's committing insurance fraud (by claiming that the damage is worth $1000 when it's actually worth $700).

Either way, I'd dispute the charge or otherwise just cancel the transaction.