PDA

View Full Version : Ebay / Paypal Split

odin99
05-01-2015, 06:24 PM
http://pages.ebay.com/ebaypaypalupdates/

what does it mean for fees in the long run?

one of the two getting bought or is it just a split?

Henrythewound
05-01-2015, 11:18 PM
hmmm, the cut for selling on ebay has been getting steeper and steeper even to the point where they take a cut of your shipping fees. I can't imagine they will give a discount over what people are used to paying. I hope the paypal gift option remains, that's really the only thing I use anymore

likebikes
05-02-2015, 03:43 AM
hmm, just last week or so ebay/paypal asked me to link the two accounts and i did...

Ralph
05-02-2015, 06:07 AM
I'm guessing, when they become two separate companies, E Bay will offer more payment options. Some competition for PayPal.

R3awak3n
05-02-2015, 06:28 AM
hmmm, the cut for selling on ebay has been getting steeper and steeper even to the point where they take a cut of your shipping fees. I can't imagine they will give a discount over what people are used to paying. I hope the paypal gift option remains, that's really the only thing I use anymore

Taking a cut on the shipping fees is bs, the reason I think was because of the people doing a buy it now at $1 and having shipping at $100 which would make em only pay fees on $1. Happened a lot bak then.

At least when you use ebay to ship you get a discount on shipping

Ralph
05-02-2015, 10:03 AM
hmm, just last week or so ebay/paypal asked me to link the two accounts and i did...

Makes sense to do so. Makes paying (and selling) a lot easier......whether you use PayPal or regular VISA. Not sure why the hate and distrust of PayPal. They are just a banking business. Facilitate sales and buys. You don't have to use them if you don't wish to do so. . Of course.....Paypal is only way I will do business on Internet. So much safer.

Wonder how Apple Pay will be worked into system? Bet that's coming after the split.

shovelhd
05-02-2015, 10:13 AM

All eBay cares about are the Marketplaces. Us little sellers are being squeezed out.

Steelman
05-02-2015, 11:32 AM
All eBay cares about are the Marketplaces. Us little sellers are being squeezed out.

But eBay failed to recognize that the small sellers, such as you and I, were also some of the best buyers.

So now, we have fewer buyers, and the selection of "cool stuff" to buy from those small sellers, has greatly diminished.

binxnyrwarrsoul
05-02-2015, 12:40 PM

This. I don't think sellers actually know how much of a cut ebay and paypal get until after the auction ends. And that cut of shipping charges is ridiculous. Sell something for $2K, "net" $1714, and that is before cost of shipping (which always seems to be more than you charge) and eBay's cut of shipping. Yes, more eyes see your stuff, but at what cost? Haven't sold anything there in years and never will again. The split into two companies can't be good for us lowly sellers. I predict even higher fees.

ultraman6970
05-02-2015, 12:44 PM
What needs to happen is a site just like ebay and asking a flat fee for item sold obviously depending of the price, and nothing like 5 bucks or a %, just cents and then work with d-wolla maybe...then everybody will move and leave ebay forever. I would do it nationally, not international in case of scams.

brando
05-02-2015, 12:52 PM
But eBay failed to recognize that the small sellers, such as you and I, were also some of the best buyers.

So now, we have fewer buyers, and the selection of "cool stuff" to buy from those small sellers, has greatly diminished.

Right on. eBay is trying to be amazon without any of the customer service. Ha! Would be awesome if Amazon got back into auctions. I would gladly take no-fee payment in Amazon credit.

velotrack
05-02-2015, 05:28 PM
Talked to a dude from eBay today.

Won't change much for the buyer, you'll just be getting more options. Think like square payment, etc.

Cicli
05-02-2015, 05:30 PM
Right on. eBay is trying to be amazon without any of the customer service. Ha! Would be awesome if Amazon got back into auctions. I would gladly take no-fee payment in Amazon credit.

I buy alot more from Amazon than evilbay any day of the week.

DHallerman
05-02-2015, 05:40 PM
At least when you use ebay to ship you get a discount on shipping

When you buy postage, say for Priority Mail, directly at the USPS website, you get the same discount.