PDA

View Full Version : Speedplay Aero (walkable) cleats

sworcester
04-30-2015, 11:11 AM
I was excited to see and use these, initially.
The cleat profile is lower, and it has a built in walk-able cover.
Initially they squeaked a bit, needed more dry lube on the covers, and then I lost a cover.
Speedplay shows them on line at $20 pair so I had the local shop order me a couple pairs.
Seems the extra covers aren't actually available to buy. So in that conversation with the shop they got on the phone with Speedplay support and ordered me a single right cover. Seems they will only send them as needed. Which is ridiculous since once it's gone, the exposed cleat isn't near as durable as the non-aero cleat body.

Any one using these yet?

BdaGhisallo
04-30-2015, 01:36 PM
There was a thread over on weightweenies about them. The posters weren't terribly impressed. Have a look:

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=131866

djg21
04-30-2015, 01:55 PM
I was really looking forward to getting these, and since I need pedals for my TT bike, was going to get the Aero Zeros. I've yet to see any mention if the pedals becoming available (the Syzr MTB Pedal is now available) and wonder if the concept has been scrapped by Speedplay. I've heard a few people disappointed with the walkable pedals, and with the covers coming off in particular. This made me decide not to become an early adopter. I'm pretty happy using Keep-on covers with my Zero cleats for now.