PDA

View Full Version : Orange County bike shops

Timoteo
03-22-2004, 02:44 PM
All,
What are some good orange county bike shops?

Thanks,
Tim

vaxn8r
03-22-2004, 03:51 PM
Two Wheel Transit!

Oh, yeah....they've been gone for a while.

I don't live down there anymore but TWT used to be (early 80's) the most amazing bike shop I have ever seen. They used to have a wall about 50 feet long with one pro frame after another after another. Merkx, Masi, Pinarello, Klein, Sachs, Fuso, Basso, Cinelli, Tommasini, Tomasso, Colnago, Davidson....believe me, there were more, smaller Italian frames I can't recall the names. And they had all of them in stock in multiple sizes.

Then they had regular high end brands like Specialized Allez, Trek, Univega blah blah blah.

Their shoe department had 2 full-time employees and had about 250 sq. ft.

But....since you want what's good today? Hmmm....for a big shop, Supergo in Huntington Beach. For a smaller, personalized, high end shop, talk to Robert at Santiago Cycles in Tustin. The latter is where I'd go. Last I saw he sold Holland, Merlin, can't remember, high end stuff.

Moveitfred
03-22-2004, 04:04 PM
I assume Orange County California, yes? If so I'd second Santiago Cycles in Tustin. Robert and staff are knowledgable and professional, they organize weekly rides, and they are a Serotta dealer (Trek and some others too). I'm living in New York right now, but I used to race on the shop sponsored team in the 80's. I still stop in to talk and ride on my regular visits back home.

Blastinbob
03-22-2004, 08:13 PM
2 Wheeler Dealer in Brea

1-714 671-1730

BarryG
03-23-2004, 07:18 AM
Anyone remember when Two Wheel Transit was Stokes Spokes in Huntington Beach proper?

Good people, George and Paul.

Barry
(OCW in past life)