PDA

View Full Version : Maybe idiot question on RidewithGPS

NHAero
04-28-2015, 10:28 AM
Ok, I downloaded this app onto my iPad. Twice now I start the ride. At the end I have an option to Save or Delete. I save it. Then it's gone and I still have zero rides stored.

What idiot thing am I doing wrong please?

katematt
04-28-2015, 01:05 PM
Are you riding with your ipad?

If its on your phone (during ride) and then syncing perhaps you are not signed in on the ipad or desktop and therefore it wouldn't show?

Just another idiot offering advice FWIW.

When I do I have used strava but my Garmin now captures everything and then I use Garmin Connect. This works well.

MattTuck
04-28-2015, 01:12 PM
Can't speak to the iPad app, but when I use the desktop version, and hit 'save', I am prompted with a box to type the name and a few other items, and then have to click 'save' again. Not sure if the app is different, but maybe look to see if there's something you need to fill out to name it?

NHAero
04-28-2015, 02:11 PM
They are now showing up, once I am connected by Wifi - they didn't seem to show up while only using the cellular connection. Does that make any sense?

Thanks

Can't speak to the iPad app, but when I use the desktop version, and hit 'save', I am prompted with a box to type the name and a few other items, and then have to click 'save' again. Not sure if the app is different, but maybe look to see if there's something you need to fill out to name it?

cp43
04-28-2015, 03:05 PM
They are now showing up, once I am connected by Wifi - they didn't seem to show up while only using the cellular connection. Does that make any sense?

Thanks

It could be a data use optimization. It doesn't want to use all of your (more expensive) cell network data, so it waits until you're on wifi, to upload the ride.

I have no direct experience with this, but it's certainly plausible that the app would do that. If that's what it's doing, I would expect there to be a setting for it somewhere.

NHAero
04-28-2015, 03:31 PM
Thanks all, probably set. It was holding the rides, and perhaps the cell connection wasn't robust enough to do the upload. You can select to only upload photos over Wifi, though I didn't have that selected.