PDA

View Full Version : 26.6mm seatpost?? (or smaller)

cp43
04-28-2015, 09:24 AM
One of my bikes takes a 26.6 mm diameter seatpost, it's starting to slip, and letting the saddle angle change. I need a setback, and I'd love to get a Thomson, but they don't make a setback smaller than 26.8.

The only thing I've found in the right are Kalloy posts, that are either single bolt, or have big ridges on the clamp. I'm not thrilled about these.

Does anyone know of a two bolt (Thomson style, front to back bolts) set back post that's available in 26.6 or smaller? I'm willing to use a shim if it means I can get a nicer post.

Thanks,

Chris

mktng
04-28-2015, 09:27 AM
try some gritty carbon paste !

cp43
04-28-2015, 09:31 AM
try some gritty carbon paste !

I tired that, it worked for a while, but the saddle slipped to a more nose up angle on my last ride. Part of the problem is that I have it all the way back, so I'm putting a lot of rotational force on the clamp.

If I can't find another post, I'll take everything apart and re-paste it, and hope it stays in place.

mktng
04-28-2015, 09:33 AM
oh wait a second. i read your op wrong.
its the clamping device thats slipping.. not the post in the frame.
are your bolts and hardware all greased up? make sure the fastening bolt is well lubricated...allows you to tighten it just a bit more...

cp43
04-28-2015, 10:05 AM
Yeah, I greased all the threads, and I put carbon paste on the friction surfaces. It held for almost a year, so if I have to redo all of that once a year, it's not the end of the world. But, it would be nice if I could find something that I didn't need to think about.

thirdgenbird
04-28-2015, 10:13 AM
I went through this exact issue.

I'm currently running 26.6 suntour xc post. It doesn't have a lot of setback, but i am able to make it work.