PDA

View Full Version : Fulcrum Racing Zero Nite Wheels

Uncle Jam's Army
04-27-2015, 07:36 PM
Anybody lay their hands on this new wheelset from Fulcrum with the Exalith-like brake surface? Thoughts?

beeatnik
04-27-2015, 08:01 PM
Best clincher on the market. They look great, ride light are stiffer and wider than the Mavics. Best of all you get the amazing braking but without the hyper loud squealing Mavic break-in squealing.

Hank Scorpio
04-27-2015, 08:44 PM
Have you seen the price of replacement spokes? And I mean one spoke and one nipple. I just had to order one for a set of Fulcrum racing ones.

oldpotatoe
04-28-2015, 06:33 AM
Have you seen the price of replacement spokes? And I mean one spoke and one nipple. I just had to order one for a set of Fulcrum racing ones.

Yup, expensive and in a while, gonna be hard to find. Great hubs tho, aluminum spokes..notsomuch.

Matt-H
04-28-2015, 06:44 AM
Yup, expensive and in a while, gonna be hard to find. Great hubs tho, aluminum spokes..notsomuch.

OP, spokes will be hard to find as in ten, twenty years or? Just wondering as the Eurus and I'd guess other wheelsets in the Campy line share the same spokes.

velomonkey
04-28-2015, 06:48 AM
Yea, I'm interested in this wheel, too. Got a pair of Fulcrum 1s and really like how they ride and was thinking of getting the nite zero for the other bike.

Anyone got any pictures to post?

oldpotatoe
04-28-2015, 06:49 AM
OP, spokes will be hard to find as in ten, twenty years or? Just wondering as the Eurus and I'd guess other wheelsets in the Campy line share the same spokes.

AS a 'new' model comes out, with different or different length spokes, the older ones, altho still in existence, DO become scarce. Sometimes they have to come from the mother country, as I've done via Campagnolo, NA.

Matt-H
04-28-2015, 06:57 AM
Gotcha, OP thanks. Not quite awake yet, it seems. Kind of like the propeller looking spokes of previous Fulcrums. Man I do like my 1's, tho.