PDA

View Full Version : Blast from the past: Bullseye cranks

Pastashop
04-25-2015, 08:26 PM
http://www.gregterzian.com/2009/01/bullseye-bmx-cranks-back-and-still-the-best/

discuss...

carpediemracing
04-26-2015, 06:23 AM
"Blast" is appropriate, although now that I think of it I can't remember if it was Bullseye or one of the other welded cranks.

Guy who worked for me had a friend ship him his cranks from somewhere. Friend thought it would be funny to cover the entire box with prank writing. "This is a bomb. There is a bomb inside." etc.

We didn't get the box (shipped to the shop) for a while. I don't remember how they delivered it but the cranks were blackened. The box was shredded like confetti. Maybe it was in a different box? Apparently the postal service (?) blew up the box because of the writing on the outside. Cranks were fine. The joke for the month was, "Yeah, these cranks really are bullet proof".

Now I have to ask the guy, see if he remembers.

xjahx
04-26-2015, 07:04 AM
That article is from 2009 with an update in 2012. Do you have any further updates or are we going to debate the rebirth based on this dated article?

Pastashop
04-26-2015, 07:58 PM
No further info :-(. The Bullseye Cycles website landing page portends a comeback, but there is no info on it. Too bad. Used to have their hubs, was lusting after the crank back in the day.