PDA

View Full Version : Modolo Curvissima Carbon bars

NateM
03-22-2004, 12:30 PM
Saab,
You got me wondering about the english translation on the Curvissima bar.I called Ibex Sports (importer) and spoke to Andy.888-743-3873.They do not suggest using a open face plate unless it is theirs. He suggested using the Modolo stem,either carbon or alloy.They both are available in + / - 10 degree and 130 length. The funny thing is that the carbon stem has a open face plate 4 bolt design. The torque on the bar should be 5.5 to 6.5 newton meters.He said at 10 newton meters the bar will break. The bars are available in 26 and 31.8 diameters,I had a 26. I used a Newton stem (open face plate 4 bolt) and the stem mushroomed the carbon at 5 newton meters. Andy suggested that you call him once you figure out stem length,angle,prior to purchase to go over specs. Nate

saab2000
03-22-2004, 12:45 PM
...I already have the bars and I must say that maybe it was a mistake to get them.

Anyway, thanks for the info. I will check into all of it!

MGS9500
03-22-2004, 06:58 PM
I have two bikes, both with the Modolo bars. I have use one for the past season, mounting and unmounting the bars without a problem as I use the bike for travel

I used the WCS Ritchie stem on the 26.0 bar and have never seen nor had a problem. This was recommended to me by Excel.

I have just bought a new bike, new set of Modolo bars, and have used the bike for over two months. I have taken the bars off and remounted them over 1/2 dozen times, as this is my new travel bike. I'm using the Ritchie WCS stem. No problems.

I'm not sure how the Deda stem caused a probem, but I have never had a problem.

An by the way, it is a great bar. Easy reach, comfortable on the top and small drop.