PDA

View Full Version : Seattle bike shops?

moose8
04-23-2015, 08:52 PM
I'm in Seattle for a work conference and will have a few hours tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for bike shops to visit. Thanks in advance!

paredown
04-23-2015, 09:13 PM
I like Recycled Cycles--if only for the cool vintage stuff hanging from the ceiling...

On Boat Street, close to Wash U. (Hit Agua Verde down the street and eat the fish tacos...)

ojingoh
04-23-2015, 09:34 PM
-- great shop, very cool bikes. Also Cascade Bike Studio is pretty cool, so is Recycled Cycles. All of 'em are a 10 minute ride apart too.

blessthismess
04-23-2015, 11:17 PM
Been a while since I lived up there, I would recommended Elliot Bay Bicycles (Bill Davidson/Bob Freeman) but they closed last year. Recycled cycles is a cool shop but if your in the north end check out Wright Brothers Cycles in Fremont as well, its a classic old shop, mostly parts and repair but they have some cool stuff. Charles, the owner is super fun to talk to (Campy guy for sure). The neighborhood is great for walking around, food and drinks.

aaronka
04-23-2015, 11:24 PM
Cascade Bicycle Studio in Fremont is about the most boutique in town. Seven and Rapha dealer. Sweet goods. Also interesting is Branford Cycle. In north Capitol Hill.

justinrchan
04-23-2015, 11:53 PM
+1 on Cascade bike Studio. Not too far away is the new Davidson shop as well which is across the street from the Brooks hq. Brooks shoes that is.

nate2351
04-24-2015, 12:51 AM
HSP on Nickerson if you want to feel like you walked into a Ferrari dealership.

northbend
04-24-2015, 07:11 AM
Hop on the ferry over to Bainbridge Island to visit Classic Cycles.

http://www.classiccycleus.com/home/

Very cool collection of old bikes, parts and memorabilia on display. Great shop

04-24-2015, 09:38 AM
Three top choices:

North: Herriott Sports Performance (HSP). Definitely lots of Ferraris.

West (across the water): Classic Cycles, a two minute walk off a 35 min Bainbridge ferry. Great place. Great vintage bikes and lots of inventory; not a total eye-candy shop but so much stuff you won't find anywhere else.

East (aka Microsoft land): Element Cycles. Tons of eye candy. Another Ferrari dealership with Lamborghini thrown in. Right on the trail down to Marymoor.

So depending on which part of town you find yourself in, any of the three will work well. There are other shops but if you want to see unique stuff, these are the ones.

dave thompson
04-24-2015, 10:31 AM
There's always Performance up by the UW. <ducks>

blessthismess
04-24-2015, 11:35 AM
Yeah I second the motion for classic cycles on Bainbridge Island if you have the time. Ferry picks up right in downtown Seattle. Not only is Classic Cycles a cool shop but the ferry ride is very scenic and a uniquely Northwest experience.

Jaq
04-24-2015, 11:44 AM
Personally, I like http://branfordbike.com/. I've visited a couple times over the years, but even living here in So Cal, they've always been a go-to shop for Campy parts, advice, and so on.

moose8
04-24-2015, 05:04 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I just took the ferry to bainbridge and after an espresso I am going to check out Classic Cycles which I never would have heard of but for the advice here. Ferry ride alone was really nice too.

GeorgeTSquirrel
04-27-2015, 11:03 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I just took the ferry to bainbridge and after an espresso I am going to check out Classic Cycles which I never would have heard of but for the advice here. Ferry ride alone was really nice too.

It's definitely the best view of the Seattle skyline. My favorite ferry is Fauntleroy-Vashon-Southworth... on a clear day, you can't beat the view of Rainier. Vashon Island is a nice place to ride.

(Hit Agua Verde down the street and eat the fish tacos...)

I miss those tacos...
On a related note, renting a kayak by the stadium and exploring the water around the arboretum was always fun. I haven't been back since they removed the old 520 bridge to nowhere. :(