PDA

View Full Version : Panaracer T-Serv

JAllen
04-20-2015, 07:09 PM
I just ordered a set of them through my LBS. 26x1.75. I'm pretty excited to get my newish commuter ready for work! It came down to these or the Schwalbe Marathon Plus. I think I made the right choice in ride comfort, facilitation of speed, and puncture protection.

DarkStar
04-20-2015, 08:01 PM
My tire of choice for commuting and bike touring over the past 10 years or so. Single flat in that time due to industrial staple trough the side-wall.

GregL
04-20-2015, 09:16 PM
T-Servs are an incredible combination of long wear, flat resistance, light weight, and value. I use them exclusively as training tires on our family tandem. With either my wife or daughter on the back, safety is my first priority on the tandem.

- Greg

JAllen
04-20-2015, 11:16 PM
I like the testimonials I'm seeing. I'm really excited to get these!

rcnute
04-20-2015, 11:19 PM
I like the testimonials I'm seeing. I'm really excited to get these!

You chose wisely, I picked up a pair in "27.5". I had the 26" a few years ago and liked them.

Ryan

Steve in SLO
04-20-2015, 11:41 PM
T-Servs are great, great tires. I have ridden my 28s on dirt and gravel roads, as well as a few centuries and they have never failed to impress.
You just made a fine choice.

JAllen
04-21-2015, 12:23 AM
Just for kicks, how would you compare these to Continental Gatorskins? I've been a long time user of them on my SS. Granted, those are 27x1 1/4 and there is a bit of a ride difference between the two tire sizes.

KidWok
04-21-2015, 12:24 AM
Solid tire. My only gripe is that the hard compound has noticeably poor grip on wet pavement. On my dry weather bikes, I love using a tserv on back and a better tire on the front.

Tai

blasdelf
04-22-2015, 11:47 PM
the Marathon Racer is quite a bit faster + comfier, and the rubber is grippier to boot

it's got most of the puncture protection of the other Marathons with a fraction of the turdliness

JAllen
04-23-2015, 12:10 AM
the Marathon Racer is quite a bit faster + comfier, and the rubber is grippier to boot

it's got most of the puncture protection of the other Marathons with a fraction of the turdliness
Funny, I didn't even consider the Racer. I had my mind so set on the Plus. I can't say at this point (I pick up my tires tomorrow) that if I had been comparing the Panaracer T-Serv to the Schwalbe Marathon Racer that I'd have made the same decision.

JAllen
04-23-2015, 08:55 PM
Got my T-Servs today! A few more parts to take care of and my mountain turned touring/commuter is ready to go! :cool:

JAGI410
04-23-2015, 10:02 PM
Pics are required, you know that right? T-Servs are great tires, I love the 700x32s I have.

JAllen
04-24-2015, 01:04 PM
Pics are required, you know that right? T-Servs are great tires, I love the 700x32s I have.
As requested. 1697899241 ...I hope you can see my excitement.

Aaron O
04-24-2015, 01:38 PM
I use t-Servs on my main commuter...never flatted them. Also good in varied conditions.

The negative is man they're sluggish. I'm buying marathons when these die.

donevwil
04-24-2015, 01:45 PM
I imagine I could do the research myself, but are T-Servs effectively armor plated Paselas ?

GregL
04-24-2015, 03:26 PM
I imagine I could do the research myself, but are T-Servs effectively armor plated Paselas ?
Yes. Much stronger sidewalls. I lost several Paselas to sidewall cuts before switching to T-Servs. Since then, no more sidewall cuts.

- Greg

donevwil
04-24-2015, 03:36 PM
Yes. Much stronger sidewalls. I lost several Paselas to sidewall cuts before switching to T-Servs. Since then, no more sidewall cuts.

- Greg

Good to know, thanks. Same hear with Pasela sidewall cuts.

Lucasp
04-24-2015, 07:21 PM
I've been commuting on the t-servs for a few year now and love them. Mostly 700c x 25. And love the reflective strip on the side wall for extra visibility.

Slamcarneyson
04-27-2015, 12:42 PM
T-servs are nice, but if you want extra protection with a lil more weight you can try the Ribmo. Ive have great experiences with these for years.

JAllen
04-28-2015, 08:10 PM
T-servs are nice, but if you want extra protection with a lil more weight you can try the Ribmo. Ive have great experiences with these for years.
Thanks for the recommendation. A friend of mine is keeping a close eye on how I like my T-Servs, but I'll pass these along to him too. He'll be using them on his tandem.

JAllen
06-13-2015, 01:11 AM
Thought I'd give feedback for those who might want to know...

I've put some miles down on them and am super pleased. so far no flats (knock on wood) and that's with riding in some gnarly stuff. They absorb so much of the road and make for a smooth ride. Not the fastest tires but fast enough for me. I'll be getting more in the future when the time comes.

bobswire
06-13-2015, 08:34 AM

I've put some miles down on them and am super pleased. so far no flats (knock on wood) and that's with riding in some gnarly stuff. They absorb so much of the road and make for a smooth ride. Not the fastest tires but fast enough for me. I'll be getting more in the future when the time comes.

T-Serv are my all around city/commute tires of choice for years and years.

http://i61.tinypic.com/5ocfg4.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/9jf6n4.jpg

cua90
06-13-2015, 10:55 AM

I've put some miles down on them and am super pleased.

Not to hijack the thread, but since there seems to be some Panaracer love here, I'll throw in my good experience with Panaracer's race tires:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0xFBV475oWrdaurpSFwailqE4FLkA9 _KZOp5_XxcDwBIzQoKY3w

I've been impressed with the cut resistance and the build quality.

JAllen
06-13-2015, 02:07 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but since there seems to be some Panaracer love here, I'll throw in my good experience with Panaracer's race tires:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0xFBV475oWrdaurpSFwailqE4FLkA9 _KZOp5_XxcDwBIzQoKY3w

I've been impressed with the cut resistance and the build quality.
Actually that's a nice addition. I'll need to get more performance oriented tires at some point.

cua90
06-13-2015, 02:17 PM
I got the pair I'm currently riding from Total Cycling (http://www.totalcycling.com/en/Panaracer-Race-A-EVO-2-Clincher-Twin-Tire--and-Tube-Pack/m-20043.aspx) - tire and tube twin pack for $55. I'm not very impressed with the tubes, specifically the stickiness of the valves, but even the tires alone are worth that price.