PDA

View Full Version : Bont Shoe Sizing

JWDR
04-19-2015, 06:52 AM
How do Bont shoes fit length wise in comparison to Sidis and/or Fizik, specifically the vaypor series?

My last pair of size 44 Sidi shoes was slightly to small length wise but the regular width was way to narrow. My current size 44 Fizik shoes are long but the width is great. I used the Bont size guide and my long foot is 265mm. This would put me in a 42.5 or 43 after accounting for toe wiggle room.

Does anyone have any fit tips for buying Bont shoes? I'd love to try and buy them on in person but none of my local Seoul shops sell them.

ultraman6970
04-19-2015, 07:44 AM
IME the size they tell it will be the right one.

tjk23
04-19-2015, 11:30 AM
I tried to use the sizing charts and they put me in a 42.5 wide. I wear a 43 in Specialized and after reading some reviews and messaging with members on both here and other forums went with a 43 in the Bonts. The shoes were right on in both size and width but the arch just never felt right for me.

macaroon
04-19-2015, 04:16 PM
They sized up odd for me. 46 in a Sidi; 45/45.5 in a Fizik, a 46 Bont was way too small (too short), could barely get my foot in. A 47 would have worked I reckon.

Climb01742
04-19-2015, 04:21 PM
I'm a 44 in Specialized but a 44.5 Bont fits me very comfortably. I'm a big fan of Bonts. My one small caveat is I wish the upper was softer. It's not bad by any means but could be improved by being a bit more compliant as it wraps your foot. Still, highly recommended.

Paid In Full
04-19-2015, 04:35 PM
I wear a 45 in almost every shoe but use a 46 in Bont, and might get a 46.5 if I had to do it over again. Cool shoe, so very rigid, love'm.

Lewis Moon
04-19-2015, 05:28 PM
IME the size they tell it will be the right one.
...unless you like your shoes tight or loose. My suggestion is:if Sidi tells you that you need 46 but you like 45, and Bont tells you that you need 47...
I bought a set of Bonts in the size they suggested, measured my feet and everything, and they were too big by at least 1/2 size. I have a narrow foot and like my shoes to fit tight.
As someone who bought a pair: I hated them. They fit my "hooked" foot shape well and were WAY stiff, but that was about all. I couldn't get the heel narrow enough, they're made for FLAT feet and my foot never felt secure. It's cut really low and wide around the ankle. I tried 3 times to heat mold them but, even using clamps and straps, I couldn't get it to fit right.

YMMV. Really, as with anything, when extrapolating between manufacturers, you'll be wrong 1/2 the time.