PDA

View Full Version : Older Campagnolo downtube friction shifter assembly

montag
04-16-2015, 04:14 PM
Does this look like the proper assembly for this Campagnolo friction shifter? I pulled it off a bike quite some time ago and was hoping to reinstall it, but I'm not sure if I have all the right bits or the right order.

I've searched and found assembly diagrams/photos for similar shifters but none seem to match the parts I have (mainly the 4th and 5th from the top). Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

http://i.imgur.com/TTsuUJLl.jpg

Hindmost
04-16-2015, 04:30 PM
That looks right to me. (If memory serves.) The brass bits go against the lever. The insert bit engages the braze-on. The spring washers bear on the cap.

Croce de Aune? Sigh, mine were on a bike that was stolen.

montag
04-16-2015, 04:41 PM
That looks right to me. (If memory serves.) The brass bits go against the lever. The insert bit engages the braze-on. The spring washers bear on the cap.

Croce de Aune? Sigh, mine were on a bike that was stolen.

Thanks! I'm not sure on the model... They came on an old Bianchi Campione D'Italia that had been "upgraded" to Campagnolo parts from various periods by the previous owner.

oldpotatoe
04-16-2015, 05:39 PM
Does this look like the proper assembly for this Campagnolo friction shifter? I pulled it off a bike quite some time ago and was hoping to reinstall it, but I'm not sure if I have all the right bits or the right order.

I've searched and found assembly diagrams/photos for similar shifters but none seem to match the parts I have (mainly the 4th and 5th from the top). Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

http://i.imgur.com/TTsuUJLl.jpg

Yes it is and make the 2 concave spacers on the outboard portion face each other like 2 cymbals. Oil the shifter innards, grease the rest, a little blue loctite on the fixing bolt threads. I use these on my wet weather Moots, easy aft, harder forward, retro friction.

C Record. Proper CDA was indexed, Syncro I and II

montag
04-16-2015, 05:53 PM
Yes it is and make the 2 concave spacers on the outboard portion face each other like 2 cymbals. Oil the shifter innards, grease the rest, a little blue loctite on the fixing bolt threads. I use these on my wet weather Moots, easy aft, harder forward, retro friction.

C Record. Proper CDA was indexed, Syncro I and II

Great, will do. I appreciate it!