PDA

View Full Version : SPOKES MEIVICI colors

Serotta PETE
04-17-2006, 01:07 PM
I am holding a contest for the colors of SPOKES Meivic. Winning design will get a bottle of ZIN and a autographed picture from SPOKES and Bailey(if Sandy wins)

Post to this attachment by 4/20 or SANDY wins by default.

:cool:

Too Tall
04-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Gold tint weave with red outlined "lugs" and nothing else. Logo in White stencil outline only DT and CS.

Rich_W
04-17-2006, 01:54 PM
nude... no paint... just dark grey outline decals. It think paint ruins that bike. then again, I always opt for whats *lighter*. No sense adding 200g of paint.

Rapid Tourist
04-17-2006, 02:26 PM
solid arctic blue with white pinstriping to show off the lugs. White serotta decal on the downtube and headtube and nowhere else. It takes a real man to ride a light blue bike. :)

Sandy
04-17-2006, 02:41 PM
solid arctic blue with white pinstriping to show off the lugs. White serotta decal on the downtube and headtube and nowhere else. It takes a real man to ride a light blue bike. :)

I think that you might be a little partial to arctic blue, especially with a matching Serotta Jersey, and matching tires. I was thinking about ordering a MeiVici in pink to match my pink jersey, shoes, and tires. So what does that make me? :)

:banana: Serotta Sandy :banana:

Smiley
04-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Just tell him to bring it to Nottrott 2006 and we'll oogle it all weekend long :)

lnomalley
04-17-2006, 04:05 PM
Gold tint weave with red outlined "lugs" and nothing else. Logo in White stencil outline only DT and CS.
Too tall .. I feel ya bro. there was thart Jesse James bike in copper with the handlettered "mexican style" graphics (*i go too far). shoot.. gold, red pins... nice.

Len J
04-17-2006, 04:05 PM
I am holding a contest for the colors of SPOKES Meivic. Winning design will get a bottle of ZIN and a autographed picture from SPOKES and Bailey(if Sandy wins)

Post to this attachment by 4/20 or SANDY wins by default.

:cool:

I suspect it will have green in it.

Len

Bill Bove
04-17-2006, 04:25 PM
I think that you might be a little partial to arctic blue, especially with a matching Serotta Jersey, and matching tires. I was thinking about ordering a MeiVici in pink to match my pink jersey, shoes, and tires. So what does that make me? :)

:banana: Serotta Sandy :banana:
What does that make you :confused: My hero :banana: :banana:
PINK ROCKS.
What pink tires do you have?

When I get my Meivici it'll be bare carbon with a pink panel with white/black letters.

bcm119
04-17-2006, 04:43 PM
I would suggest solid Burgundy, but not if he's a Zin drinker.

Sandy
04-17-2006, 05:43 PM
nude... no paint... just dark grey outline decals. It think paint ruins that bike. then again, I always opt for whats *lighter*. No sense adding 200g of paint.

Yep. No paint at all. No decals except a few well positioned and balanced S logos, say in red or some other color. No "Serotta" decals at all.

I recently saw two Parlees, neither gaudy, but one with few decals, and it was much richer looking than one with a couple of larger Parlee decals.

Keep it simple. Let it be rich, subdued, elegant, and classy. Let the frameset speak for itself. It doesn't need any help. It will do very well on its own.

Simplify! Simplify! Beautify! Beautify?

:banana: Sandy :banana:

keno
04-17-2006, 05:47 PM
I suggest the following for the HT and will get back to you on the rest.

Sandy
04-17-2006, 05:49 PM
I suggest the following for the HT and will get back to you on the rest.

I really like that soft and subdued look. Keep it coming. :)

Soft Subdued Sandy

SPOKE
04-17-2006, 05:52 PM
all the suggestions. keep the ideas rolling in!! :banana:

Sandy
04-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Many miles of safe and remarkably joyful cycling on that critter!

Sandy

keno
04-17-2006, 06:01 PM
how about

Sandy
04-17-2006, 06:04 PM
We want to see the whole bike, Picasso.

Sandy

keno
04-17-2006, 06:06 PM
I spend too much time on this forum and can't get my work done. You'll have to wait like everyone else. Besides, there's no stopwatch on fine art.

keno

SPOKE
04-17-2006, 06:08 PM
to share the build specs with ya'll.

55cm ST
55.5cm TT (level TT)
74 deg ST angle
small HT extension (i'm not Gumby any more)
standard F3 fork
main tubes will be like my Ottrott ST which is the next to the stiffest Serotta offers. the chain stays will be the stiffer of the two options offered.

built like this the bike should be a real rocket!!! yet have just a bit of spring to it. I expect it to have a bit of the same mello road "buzz" as my Ottrott ST with out being overly harsh. it should turn out to be a very fast bike for any ride under a metric.

the drive train will be Campy Record. haven't decided on the bars and stem yet but i'm sure carbon bars will be on the list. i'm still undecided on the wheels. i have a new pair each of the Kysirum TDF wheels and the new ES's but may opt for something "stupid" light instead. maybe even tubulars :crap:
that's it for now. i'll update with any changes or additions.

SPOKE
04-17-2006, 06:10 PM
how about

cool :beer: i really like bikes with theme paint jobs. i'm just not creative enough to put something like that together in my mind.

yeehawfactor
04-17-2006, 06:22 PM
how about full white with the serotta logos as clear coat? or, full white with hollow script clear coat logos.

catulle
04-17-2006, 06:59 PM
The perfect Meivici must have the green "natural" carbon tubes (#25 on the Serotta color chart), and yellow decals with the chevron for a touch of pizzazz. All Campagnolo components, of course, must be silver, tires or tubies could be black (tan sidewall would be better), and bar tape mellow yellow.

Jeezzz, what a tempting thought...!!!

Smiley
04-17-2006, 06:59 PM
SPOKE how you getting a Level TT so early in the process , what you got friends in high places ??? Contact Jeremy for STUPID LIGHT WHEELS , he just built up a set of +1100 gram clinchers for a friend . PM me for contact info and never look back on this wise move :)

Phil Selisker
04-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Spokes, your paint choices do not need any help, but you know I like red.
Plus if you choose the right shade of red it may come with the umbrella girls. :)

catulle
04-17-2006, 08:05 PM
No fair... Ducati, MV, names too close to my heart. I wonŽt post the picture of my sister on her MV because sheŽs gone to Provo, and because I want to be nice and collected. But IŽll post a picture of a nicely color coordinated Ducati sans the babe... :no:

BTW, no, the bike ainŽt mine.

Ginger
04-17-2006, 09:17 PM
Do they do a harlequin clear coat over the carbon? Yeah...that. Or the blue.

Ship all the carbon parts up to Saratoga to get them painted to match. Yep.

Some sort of logo on the downtube, and one on the head tube. Meivici on the top tube and your name or initials on the non drive chain stay. Why not? Even if you sell the thing it's custom to you.

jerk
04-17-2006, 09:29 PM
paint it as a milram team bike complete with colnago decals. colnagos have been rebadged many times....why not rebadge a colnago as a c50?

jerk

saab2000
04-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Spokes, your paint choices do not need any help, but you know I like red.
Plus if you choose the right shade of red it may come with the umbrella girls. :)

A Ducati of this sort is in my future. Probably will have to wait 'til I upgrade to captain though.....

Serotta PETE
04-18-2006, 05:56 AM
Why not get the 998S DECALS AND PAINT, and then you can have a match to your motorcycle. Phils will invite the ladies in the picture over for the party. Serotta Steve will bring the SEROTTA beer and his lab. (in case SANDY comes)

Too Tall
04-18-2006, 06:34 AM
Spoke, you and Queen ride the exact same frame spec. Good to know :)

SPOKE
04-18-2006, 07:50 AM
if you ever get down here for a visit she'll have plenty of bikes to choose from.

Spoke, you and Queen ride the exact same frame spec. Good to know :)