PDA

View Full Version : paging oldpotatoe, or any other campy-philes

Rekalcitrant
04-12-2015, 07:56 PM
I have chorus 11-speed shifters and the front one is acting a bit funny. It shifts fine in the stand, but in a recent race it miss-shifted a few times. I think (?) what is going on is that the mechanisms is slipping under load. If I pull the cable by hand I can get it to slip, and without exerting a lot force. Any guess if I am right that this is the problem, what might be the root cause, and what (if anything) can be done about it?

Thanks a ton for any helpful info.

oldpotatoe
04-13-2015, 06:21 AM
I have chorus 11-speed shifters and the front one is acting a bit funny. It shifts fine in the stand, but in a recent race it miss-shifted a few times. I think (?) what is going on is that the mechanisms is slipping under load. If I pull the cable by hand I can get it to slip, and without exerting a lot force. Any guess if I am right that this is the problem, what might be the root cause, and what (if anything) can be done about it?

Thanks a ton for any helpful info.

Take the lever off and ensure the 2 wee 3mm bolts, front and back, are tight. Sometimes these loosen, loosening the shift guts, which make them 'slip'.

May have to tap the brake lever pin out to reach the front one. It only goes in one way..has a lip on it, so tap in proper direction.

These shifters are very simple inside with little to actually wear out.

Rekalcitrant
04-13-2015, 07:19 AM
Thanks, as always. I already tried the front bolt, cuz that was pretty easy to get at. It was tight. I'll try the back bolt as soon as I get a chance. Hopefully that will be the issue.

oldpotatoe
04-13-2015, 07:43 AM
Thanks, as always. I already tried the front bolt, cuz that was pretty easy to get at. It was tight. I'll try the back bolt as soon as I get a chance. Hopefully that will be the issue.

If you would like to send it to me for a take apart, eval, clean and lube..I'd be happy to do it. Done many. $25 labor.

Lewis Moon
04-13-2015, 08:02 AM
If you would like to send it to me for a take apart, eval, clean and lube..I'd be happy to do it. Done many. $25 labor.

Jeebus, that's a smokin' deal....Like having Salvador Dali touch up your car paint.