PDA

View Full Version : Giro Empire VR90 sizing

Lewis Moon
04-09-2015, 12:50 PM
I've been looking for an affordable set of Sidi Dragons a bit and I'm just not seeing them. I've heard great things about the VR90s but am a bit worried about size. 45 in an old set of Sidi Dominators is a tight fit (as in clip your toenails fit) and I like it that way. Any suggestions on VR90 sizing?

Kirk Pacenti
04-09-2015, 02:28 PM
I've been looking for an affordable set of Sidi Dragons a bit and I'm just not seeing them. I've heard great things about the VR90s but am a bit worried about size. 45 in an old set of Sidi Dominators is a tight fit (as in clip your toenails fit) and I like it that way. Any suggestions on VR90 sizing?

I have a pair of these, size 45 new in box. My size 45 Shimano shoes fit like a glove. These feel a little bigger than that... not oversised, but the toebox is a little roomier than I like.

I've not ridden them, and thinking of selling - $300 shipped.

http://nsmb.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Giro_S_EmpireVR90_SilverHIghlightYellow_Profile.jp g

Cheers,
KP

Lewis Moon
04-09-2015, 02:58 PM
I have a pair of these, size 45 new in box. My size 45 Shimano shoes fit like a glove. These feel a little bigger than that... not oversised, but the toebox is a little roomier than I like.

I've not ridden them, and thinking of selling - $300 shipped.

http://nsmb.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Giro_S_EmpireVR90_SilverHIghlightYellow_Profile.jp g

Cheers,
KP
Thanks Kirk! I'm a notorious skinflint, so I'll be looking for a used pair. I may have to try the VR90s on. I have a narrow, low volume forefoot.

vqdriver
04-09-2015, 03:02 PM
hey kirk,
so these are a bit wider than shimano?
how would you say they compare size-wise to sidis?

Kirk Pacenti
04-09-2015, 04:36 PM
hey kirk,
so these are a bit wider than shimano?
how would you say they compare size-wise to sidis?

I don't think they're any wider than Shimano across the MTP Joints, perhaps a bit snugger even, but there does feel to be more room in the toebox.

Its' been about 15 years since I rode Sidis, but the Giros are definitely wider than I remember Sidis being and certainly has more room in the toebox.

Cheers,
KP