PDA

View Full Version : Veloflex Masters

GParkes
04-08-2015, 07:42 PM
I've ridden Veloflex Corsas for a bit and like them very much. A friend inquired about the Masters, but I have no experience with them. High thread count listed would leave one to believe they are nice and supple, but I'm curious on durability. Has anyone out there used them? Thanks.

pbarry
04-08-2015, 07:58 PM
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=110080&highlight=veloflex+masters

GParkes
04-08-2015, 08:16 PM
Sorry, didn't even think to look. Thank you.

pbarry
04-08-2015, 08:32 PM
Good question! Typing/searching quickly on phone.. Welcome here! Ask for, (almost), anything, and folks here will provide. :beer:

binxnyrwarrsoul
04-09-2015, 07:09 AM
Best. Riding. Clinchers. Ever. Puncture easily/wear like sh+t, though. I don't care, still buy/use them, always. Ymmv.

stephenmarklay
04-09-2015, 08:41 AM
I just put a set on. I have only done 100 miles or so but they seem nice. I don’t care too much about wear but I was a little worried how they would be with punctures. So far so good.

04-09-2015, 11:23 AM
I get decent mileage with them and get superb puncture resistance. I don't race in them and when I train I don't just let a paceline lead me through glass or gravel because I'm not watching out. But that's commonsense safety anyway. I usually replace them when I've got a good flat landing on the center of the tire, before the casing shows through (at that point, everything punctures instantly). But I've had better luck with them in glass, in the wet, etc., than I did with Conti 4000S's. I think there've been a couple marginal batches that got out, and I suspect I've had a tire or two from them, but even so they are really good. You'll replace tires more often but Masters used to go for about $65 apiece and you can now find them for about $30. At that price, it's a very easy call. Great tires.

cdn_bacon
04-09-2015, 12:21 PM
Just bought a set of Corsa's on a store closeout. Waiting to see how these roll.

25mm width is also new to me.

they sure look pretty.