PDA

View Full Version : Just placed my order

cydewaze
04-16-2006, 09:40 AM
After weeks of test-riding, I just placed my order. Well, not really my order. I ordered a Serotta for my wife for her birthday. Needless to say, she's very excited and looking forward to her new ride.

It's a Fierte steel/cs, and it happens to fit her like a glove. We ordered it with a compact crank and full Ultegra 10-sp. Now she'll have a better bike than me, but that's ok. ;)

RichardSeton
04-16-2006, 09:46 AM
My wife had a better bike than me for a year. She just said that riding a slower heavier bike was good for me, because it builds character. Plus, the stronger I was, the less she'd have to work when we were on the tandem.

After weeks of test-riding, I just placed my order. Well, not really my order. I ordered a Serotta for my wife for her birthday. Needless to say, she's very excited and looking forward to her new ride.

It's a Fierte steel/cs, and it happens to fit her like a glove. We ordered it with a compact crank and full Ultegra 10-sp. Now she'll have a better bike than me, but that's ok. ;)

mwos
04-16-2006, 12:09 PM
When I get my Ottrott I'm going to have 3 better bikes than my SO. :D

Kathi

MaryLnsky
04-16-2006, 01:27 PM
I took a different route.... I got rid of my SO and got myself an Ottrott - hands down the best trade off I've made yet.

:bike:

-Mary

mwos
04-16-2006, 02:05 PM
:)

Fixed
04-16-2006, 02:24 PM
bro you want a loved one to have better than what you have . imho
cheers

cydewaze
04-16-2006, 05:00 PM
lol, thanks.

When I met her, she wasn't a cyclist, and hadn't ridden a bike since she was 12 (20+ years ago) but she was interested in trying it out. So for her b-day two years ago I got her a 105/Tiagra alu road bike and she jumped in with all fours. Clipless pedals and all.

Last year was her first full season of cycling, and she put in over 1800 miles with the longest of 78. Probably not much for most people here, but a lot for a newbie with no real previous experience.

This year her goal is an imperial century, so I thought she deserved a nice, comfortable bike. I told her to test-ride anything she wanted, so she did, and she chose the Serotta.

The LBS gave us one in her size to test ride on our 13-mile evening "after work" loop, and she shaved 1mph off her average speed. Tomorrow we'll find out when to expect delivery. She can't wait.