PDA

View Full Version : The mother of all polls: Conclusions...

catulle
04-16-2006, 07:58 AM
As the thread disappears, I might as well round up the results now.

When the poll was first posted, the Titanium folks had a very significant head start. Titanium then seemed to be the very favorite material for frames, followed by a distant Steel. After the second day, though, Steel started catching up fast. All along, Aluminum never seemed to take off, and CF slowly inched its way towards the charts.

Today, as I write, Steel has a very narrow margin of one vote ahead of Titanium, 49 votes vs 48 (42,24% vs 41.38%). CF is a distant third with 16 votes (13.79%), and Aluminum only gathered 3 votes or 2.59%.

Maybe the fact that the condition for voting was "only one frame for the rest of your life", and Titanium is more impervious to weather conditions than steel, skewed the votes towards Ti. Maybe there is geographical bias on the vote. Maybe people just like Titanium. Regarding the other materials, Aluminum seems to be out of favor with the voters, and CF has a small numbers of die-hard followers.

Titanium remains a very popular material for frames, and Steel is the mother (and father?) of materials. Pheww... Please, kindly flame away now. Thank you. :beer:

Sandy
04-16-2006, 08:47 AM
Ever since you started your thread, I have been having intense emotional problems. I feel as if my head is about to burst. Having an Ottrott, I kept looking for mixed materials, as in carbon/titanium. So what was I to do? Vote for carbon? Then titanium would be upset. Vote for titanium? Then carbon would be upset. Don't you understand the deep emotional turmoil that I felt?

I decided to cut my Ottrott into parts; a pile for titanium and a pile for carbon. I then rebuilt my beloved Ottrott. I then had an all titanium vehicle, and an all carbon vehicle. The fact that each vehicle was a unicycle made riding very difficult for me. Sure the vehicles were light, but they were very slow. I couldn't really determine which one I liked best. Besides, I could only vote for one material.

Didn't you realize the potential problems that could arise in your poll with limited choices?? :rolleyes: :)

:banana: Simpleton Sandy :banana:

Serotta PETE
04-16-2006, 08:52 AM
:rolleyes: Sandy has the steel covered also with those powerful buns he has. (At least that is what SPOKES and Ginger told me)

:)

Jeff N.
04-16-2006, 09:15 AM
For me, steel is a close second to Ti. Wasn't always that way, but by Land Shark made a believer outa me! Man, what a ride! Jeff N.

catulle
04-16-2006, 09:20 AM
Ever since you started your thread, I have been having intense emotional problems. I feel as if my head is about to burst. Having an Ottrott, I kept looking for mixed materials, as in carbon/titanium. So what was I to do? Vote for carbon? Then titanium would be upset. Vote for titanium? Then carbon would be upset. Don't you understand the deep emotional turmoil that I felt?

I decided to cut my Ottrott into parts; a pile for titanium and a pile for carbon. I then rebuilt my beloved Ottrott. I then had an all titanium vehicle, and an all carbon vehicle. The fact that each vehicle was a unicycle made riding very difficult for me. Sure the vehicles were light, but they were very slow. I couldn't really determine which one I liked best. Besides, I could only vote for one material.

Didn't you realize the potential problems that could arise in your poll with limited choices?? :rolleyes: :)

:banana: Simpleton Sandy :banana:

Well, that happens when you're just a little pregnant. :D :banana: