PDA

View Full Version : Off topic but

H.Frank Beshear
04-15-2006, 10:24 PM
here's where I'll be next weekend Cinderella (http://www.balletquadcities.com/season.html) Based on the classic fairy tale by Charles Perrault
Music by Sergei Prokofiev
Choreography by Johanne Jakhelln

Saturday, April 22, 2006 @ 7:30pm
Sunday, April 23, 2006 @ 2:00pm
Capitol Theatre, Davenport, IA

Got hooked on the NutCracker. My wife tells friends I'm having a Midlife crsis :D . He's bought a new bike and now he's taken up ballet :p :banana:. Picures will follow, after the show. Shannon thinks it's cool because she gets to sit and watch dad for this one. We'll see.

Louis
04-15-2006, 11:46 PM
Break a leg, Frank.

Have you ever seen Pilobolus? Talk about some incredible athletes (and artists).

Louis

Too Tall
04-17-2006, 07:28 AM
Frank, you are the man and I'll beat the sand out anyone who says otherwise :cool:

H.Frank Beshear
04-17-2006, 08:29 AM
Thanks TT, I've gained a new respect for the male dancers who toss the little ballarinas up in the air and make it look so easy. Granted the partner helps a lot, I have to do 7 lifts, 3 while moving sideways. One of the young ladies helps ie she jumps, the other, well.. she raises up onto her toes :rolleyes: . Huge difference in the effort. We watched parts of it during auditions and I started back into a weight program. It's fun to learn new skills, and discover abilities you didn't know you had. Louis I haven't seen Pilobolus, but you are right about the atheletic effort to dance at the higer levels. I'll let you know how it goes, I know the schol matinee Friday is sold out. Almost 1500 gradeschoolers they'll make a lot of noise when we are done :D Frank

dave thompson
04-17-2006, 08:42 AM
I saw Pilobolus about 10 years ago. They are something else!

catulle
04-17-2006, 09:23 AM
I saw Pilobolus about 10 years ago. They are something else!

Hey, he´s ready for the TdF, atmo.