PDA

View Full Version : Ottrott Paint Question

dbrk
04-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Can a once painted Ottrott be brought back to simple carbon? I know that once painted titanium cannot be stripped back to its unfinished state. Anyone know about Ottrotts?

Also, if there is a level top tube 58/59/or 60 out there for sale, let me know.

dbrk

Smiley
04-15-2006, 04:51 PM
You don't have enough green backs for that one , NO :)

Larry
04-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Can an Ottrott with a three quarter inch paint gouge on the carbon down tube be restored to look like new? It is a unique shade of yellow that crosses the white "S" in Serotta. It is a unique and flashy flame job.....really a showpiece. Someone in the shop really was careless and turned this into a used bike. Actually, I have a hard time believing that it was allowed out for demo rides. Go figure......a $500.00 paint job that got slashed.

Larry

vaxn8r
04-15-2006, 09:33 PM
Can a once painted Ottrott be brought back to simple carbon? I know that once painted titanium cannot be stripped back to its unfinished state. Anyone know about Ottrotts?

dbrk
I believe that it can. I think Calfee offers that but it's a lot of hand labor.

SoCalSteve
04-15-2006, 09:33 PM

dbrk

Douglas, JB took my 3/4 painted-1/4 unfinished Hors Cat and made it 1/2-paint and 1/2 unfinished Ti..so, yes, painted Ti can be brought back to its unfinished state.

As for carbon, I imagine a call to JB (the magician) can and will give you the answer.

Good luck,

Steve

cinelli
04-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Douglas,

The major frame painters can (and do) remove paint from carbon surfaces regularly. I have had a few done and they came out great.

You are next in line for a 59 level top tube Ottrott....after me! :)

Smiley
04-16-2006, 11:58 AM
His question was NOT about re-painting a carbon tube but having a painted carbon tube re-finished to natural Carbon state .That one can be done if you got the $$$$$

cinelli
04-16-2006, 08:59 PM
His question was NOT about re-painting a carbon tube but having a painted carbon tube re-finished to natural Carbon state .That one can be done if you got the $$$$$

Smiley,

The question was both understood and answered.