PDA

View Full Version : SOLD/DELETE Vintage Austro Diamler Vent Noir 57cm square

Mr_Gimby
04-01-2015, 03:58 PM
Hey all, selling this for a friend:

Vintage Austro Diamler Vent Noir, 57cm square measured C-C, 15cm head tube. Bike is in fantastic condition, despite being close to 40 years old. I don't know the exact year, but the components date it to the early/mid 70s. It is spec'd out with a nearly complete Dura Ace Crane Black groupset, but (sadly) does not have the original shifters or front wheel. Everything on the bike is nearly NOS condition, gold Dura Ace freewheel, Dura ace BB, UBER rare black-ano drillium DA chainring crankset, original DA black brakes with original pads (rubber still pretty soft). The hoods on the DA levers have been replaced, and are Dia-Compe units, but they look the part. Has clincher rims. Also has the very rare black ano DA headset. Take a look at the pics here (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4xTiWTsmfELfnNIRG9IZ015T0ppLVlVOWl yNFdFZ3JNcWpKRHVKLVFJME5lQUM1cm53QjQ&usp=sharing) and judge for yourself. Even the cable housing clips are Dura Ace! Gorgeous black and gold scheme, reminiscent of the Lotus John Player Special F1 cars of the 70s

Asking $725 shipped or $680 picked up in Richmond, VA. IF that seems off, feel free to make offers, worst that can be said is "no". May be able to facilitate delivery to DC metro or VA Beach/Norfolk area. Cheers!

pbarry
04-01-2015, 08:48 PM
AD was way ahead of the curve on that styling! Always wanted one, but they seemed to favor production towards larger sizes. Dang. GLWS! :hello:

Mr_Gimby
04-02-2015, 12:18 AM
AD was way ahead of the curve on that styling! Always wanted one, but they seemed to favor production towards larger sizes. Dang. GLWS! :hello:
Agreed on the sizing! This is one of a handful I've ever seen that is not a 63+cm. And I've been working in bike shops nearly 10 years!:eek:

Matt-H
04-02-2015, 07:49 AM
A coworker gave me an excellent condition Ultima in a very light purple. Really nice frame but sadly a bit too big for me.

Mr_Gimby
04-15-2015, 04:59 PM
Bump for price drops!

Mr_Gimby
04-29-2015, 01:34 PM
Sold, mods please delete