PDA

View Full Version : Bike parking in Japan

Keith A
04-01-2015, 01:44 PM
Pretty sweet bike parking garage in Japan...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diRNpogv3g0

AJosiahK
04-01-2015, 04:20 PM
With so much wasted space, albeit even sketchy musty corners in American parking garages, why can't we do something remotely like this in all cities.

Cool concept they've got going on

Black Dog
04-01-2015, 07:08 PM
Wow, just wow. I wonder how much that costs? Not cheap but what a great way to get people on bikes by making safe parking so easy.

bicycletricycle
04-01-2015, 08:27 PM
I don't think I want my bike taken from me by a robot. Would it work with fenders?

JAllen
04-02-2015, 01:27 AM
It is definitely a nifty piece of engineering, not to mention maximizing space, but I still think I'd trust the danish/dutch style of bike parking you typically see. I can just imagine what would go wrong if something came loose or if something got caught... it wouldn't be pretty.

verticaldoug
04-02-2015, 06:07 AM
it's great except when the train arrives and 50 passengers get off all wanting to get their bikes at the same time and you end up waiting in line for 30 minutes.

i speak from experience. But I guess it is still better then waiting inline for a taxi.

I Want Sachs?
04-02-2015, 11:55 AM
it's great except when the train arrives and 50 passengers get off all wanting to get their bikes at the same time and you end up waiting in line for 30 minutes.

i speak from experience. But I guess it is still better then waiting inline for a taxi.

Great point! Had not thought of that.