PDA

View Full Version : Amazing winter purchases on the bay

R3awak3n
03-30-2015, 08:42 PM
I have noticed that most things I have sold here in the forum this winter seem to go to California but also bought a bunch of stuff from ebay to hang on a few bikes or bike related stuff. I have a broken ankle so I have stock piled a few parts that are slowing getting put on bikes.

I guess it makes sense but I never had made the connection, winter time, "most" people are not looking for bike parts so you get better deals on stuff (you also sell stuff for way less than its worth on ebay).

There have been some incredible deals this past month.
Bought a brand new pair of far and near brakes ($280 + shipping at fairwheel bikes which seems the only place that has them in the US), I couldn't believe when I got them shipped for $70... brand new, the guy took them out of the box and didnt fit on his recumbent so put it back in the box.

Also got a pair of Hollowgram SLs for $200 (silver ones which I wanted, not the best deal ever but very decent).

And just last week there were some Giro Empires, brand new in box for $250 with an offer. I offered the guy $120 shipped and he took it in 5 minutes, I could not believe it.

I just wanted to share my winter luck and that I guess winter is the time to buy cheap bike parts.:banana:

ceolwulf
03-30-2015, 08:55 PM
Just as well that I've been procrastinating selling some stuff!

R3awak3n
03-30-2015, 09:17 PM
oh yeah the best selling time is about to commence :)

weisan
03-30-2015, 09:35 PM
Heck, maybe even the best deal I ever landed or ever will...$750 Merlin Ti Cyclocross, came fully equipped with 9-speed shimano drivetrain, bombproof CXP33 wheels, Paul canti brakes...
All thanks to kidwok and exonerv pals.
It's well documented here :D
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=161794
http://www.alicehui.com/pics/Merlin/IMG_3892_1000x.jpg

Yes best time to sell stuff is coming soon...I posted a bike for sale on craigslist a few weeks ago, it was sold in a couple of days, I did not bother to take down the ad, just over the last hour, I got three people making enquiry, it helps that we got 85 degrees weather over the last few days and looks like for a good part of this week too.

I just bought these on sierra trading today with extra 35% off and free shipping ... I think the the prices are not too shabby.

SierraTradingPost
Order Details
Jetboil Zip 1.5L GCS Bundle
2427F-99
$67.57

Ortlieb Sport-Packer Plus Cycling Panniers - Pair
8730N-02
$95.52

Ortlieb Back-Roller Plus Cycling Panniers - Pair
8730M-03
color: GRAPHITE
$100.07

R3awak3n
03-30-2015, 09:45 PM
oh yeah that is awesome deal on the panniers!!!

I am so bad, just can't so no to a good deal, specially bike related :help:

mhespenheide
03-30-2015, 11:23 PM
You want deals? Go look in the classifieds here for some of the classic Ti frames.

I understand that they're "outdated", but sheesh!