PDA

View Full Version : A small venting

TomP
03-30-2015, 04:05 PM
If you want to buy something and ask a seller to jump through some hoops, please at least communicate. Otherwise, don't get upset if as a seller I sell to the first person who actually pays and don't wait for you while you're doing whatever it is you are doing.

Lewis Moon
03-30-2015, 04:14 PM
Jeebus, I thought this was going to be a fart joke. Boy am I embarrassed.

rnhood
03-30-2015, 04:18 PM
Always sell to the first one that pays. Buyers need to jump through hoops, not sellers.

AngryScientist
03-30-2015, 04:23 PM
it pains me to see this place evolving into what it is evolving into.

do the right thing people, that's the bottom line.

see here.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=161455

Hank Scorpio
03-30-2015, 04:24 PM
I would also add to this post NEVER EVER post anything on the Slowtwitch classifieds. They are the biggest bunch of cheapskate tire kickers the world has ever known.

eddief
03-30-2015, 04:27 PM
I thought you might be selling a small venting.

elong8
03-30-2015, 04:32 PM
it pains me to see this place evolving into what it is evolving into.

do the right thing people, that's the bottom line.

see here.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=161455

I really appreciate that post. I enjoy this forum/community for so much more than buying/selling. I learn new stuff all the time and hope to contribute where I can.

many_styles
03-30-2015, 05:05 PM
No kidding! A lot of potential buyers send a quick (a rude one), I respond that the item is still available, and then the buyer just goes dark. No response. Just odd.

Cicli
03-30-2015, 05:22 PM
I am interested in your small venting. Can you PM me your best price please?

Bruce K
03-30-2015, 05:50 PM
Damn, that is a really nice venting. I bet it planes beautifully while being quite compliant.

I just wish it was my size.....

:rolleyes:

BK

Bstone
03-30-2015, 06:12 PM
This thread demonstrates why this is the best forum.

o2dazone
03-30-2015, 06:23 PM
If you want to buy something and ask a seller to jump through some hoops, please at least communicate. Otherwise, don't get upset if as a seller I sell to the first person who actually pays and don't wait for you while you're doing whatever it is you are doing.

I try to always respond to sellers, but sometimes I'm reading a PM in my email inbox, and forget to reply when I get a free moment. Accidents can happen, but you're right. First come first serve. I rarely layaway an item for an online buyer. If bothered enough, I just create Paypal invoices and send them to people's Paypal accounts. First to pay wins, and I cancel all other invoices.

Drmojo
03-30-2015, 06:58 PM
This thread demonstrates why this is the best forum.

me love this place!!

54ny77
03-30-2015, 07:28 PM
here i thought you farted big in your rapha and were therefore selling at a discount.

aosty
03-30-2015, 07:51 PM
I am interested in your small venting. Can you PM me your best price please?

:fight:

Oregonic
03-30-2015, 07:53 PM
...and here I checked in hoping to see some gory, torn-up kit for sale after someone hit the deck in a crit or something.

Miller76
03-30-2015, 08:07 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/30/359b8e9bae449a2d39cd61d15479bc05.jpg

Bstone
03-30-2015, 08:22 PM
here i thought you farted big in your rapha and were therefore selling at a discount.

That should add value.

Peter B
03-30-2015, 08:24 PM
Campy or Shimano?

03-30-2015, 08:34 PM

Back to topic?

bcroslin
03-30-2015, 08:39 PM
Please post detailed dimensions of the venting you have for sale. Pictures would also be helpful.

thp
03-30-2015, 08:45 PM
How many miles? ;)

m_sasso
03-30-2015, 09:35 PM
Can you post up the geo chart for that venting, just want to be un-conflicted on the fit.

slowgoing
03-30-2015, 09:45 PM
How tall are you and what do you weigh? And why are you selling?

odin99
03-30-2015, 11:10 PM
hi is this still for sale?

Shortsocks
03-30-2015, 11:15 PM
How does this jersey fit in comparison to an Extra Large Magnum Condom?

weisan
03-30-2015, 11:45 PM
Always sell to the first one that pays. Buyers need to jump through hoops, not sellers.

i respectfully disagree hood pal. I think it's equal partnership. Both sides need to work hard to make it as smooth and painless as possible.

Shortsocks
03-31-2015, 12:09 AM
i respectfully disagree hood pal. I think it's equal partnership. Both sides need to work hard to make it as smooth and painless as possible.

I have to agree with you. Sometimes a buyer says I'll take it and their kid breaks a leg, or they can't immediately get back to a PM, as irritating as that can be both parties should work respectively with each other. It's not a fight to get cash first, it's a civil forum where cyclists can work toghther.

Rouleur88
03-31-2015, 12:59 AM
I recently had a fellow Paceline member tell me he wanted an item I had for sale and asked for my PayPal info. I didn't hear back and, after a day, I relisted on eBay and the item, surprisingly, sold. In my opinion, the way I handled this possible transaction was wrong.
Like any Forum online there are some members who are more active than others. If a member, who has several hundred contributive posts, makes a verbal commitment to purchase something, I think there should be some leeway. I failed in doing so and still regret it. I understand the Paceline is growing but I to hope that the transactions here will be more friend to friend than "just business".

weisan
03-31-2015, 01:37 AM
thanks for sharing rouleur pal. Much respect.

CPP
03-31-2015, 01:59 AM
Nothing burns my arse more than guys not communicating after first telling me that they are interested in something that I'm selling. Everyone has the right to change their mind or get busted by the Misses or simply not want the item. But, common courtesy dictates at least a short message that says "thanks anyway"

TomP
03-31-2015, 07:10 AM
Nothing burns my arse more than guys not communicating after first telling me that they are interested in something that I'm selling. Everyone has the right to change their mind or get busted by the Misses or simply not want the item. But, common courtesy dictates at least a short message that says "thanks anyway"

This really kind of sums it up. Good humor all and good points.

Sorry to say, but the vent sold.:banana:

oldpotatoe
03-31-2015, 07:20 AM

"First in, Best dressed"....use the time stamp if there is any doubt or conflict.

mktng
03-31-2015, 08:15 AM
I always feel bad when I ask people to check shipping rates then back out due to cost. It happens often. :(

But I always try my best to reply back.

So I'm half bad.

jr59
03-31-2015, 08:18 AM
It depends. I have sold things on here to well known members here on a payment plan and at a cost, less than I could have gotten else where.

I've also given stuff to people not known by me except tru here away for nothing. Gotten some stuff for free as well. I have been sent things before I coul get payment to them.

With so many new guys on here, it's not like it use to be. Yea, I know, get off my lawn! No offense, but if you have something you are selling, I always try to look at the posts, if I see mainly adds, I'll pass. It's called a marketplace and I understand it. But at times it's plain silly.

Anyway, I hope the new guys get to be old guys sometime. And don't feel bad, I was turned down cold for something I wanted, and was told no by an old guy when first on here as well. Turns out that seller and I goy to be friends along the way.

DHallerman
03-31-2015, 08:21 AM
No kidding! A lot of potential buyers send a quick (a rude one), I respond that the item is still available, and then the buyer just goes dark. No response. Just odd.

Yes, odd, but I've grown to accept it.

At the same time, I much value quick and copious communication, which I've found with most sellers and buyers here.

Dave, who hopes his degree of communication lately with buyers has pleased them

velomonkey
03-31-2015, 08:29 AM
With so many new guys on here, it's not like it use to be. Yea, I know, get off my lawn! No offense, but if you have something you are selling, I always try to look at the posts, if I see mainly adds, I'll pass. It's called a marketplace and I understand it. But at times it's plain silly.

Hey now, I do my fair share of posting just how much I can't stand anti-bike car drivers and how much I hate Lance Armstrong.

Every now and then I sell something or buy something.:)

aosty
03-31-2015, 11:51 PM
Is this venting really cycling related? The rules clearly state...

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=153038

4.) No non-cycling related items can be sold in the Classified section.

UKBROOKLYN
04-01-2015, 01:00 AM
Hi guys I am trying to get an idea on how much to ask for a medium vent.
Not sure if I am really ready to sell this but thought I would put it up here and see if anyone was interested.

bikingshearer
04-01-2015, 01:04 AM
I have had nothing but good experiences purchasing stuff from Paceline forumites. I always cringe a little when I read about forum deals go south.

Peter B
04-01-2015, 01:24 AM
Not sure if I am really ready to sell this but thought I would put it up here and see if anyone was interested.

I got my last venting for free. Of course, I had to pay for the new tube...:crap:

Oregonic
04-01-2015, 02:43 AM

Dude. So uncool to latch onto someone else's venting post with one of your own. Seriously, just start your own venting post!

UKBROOKLYN
04-01-2015, 08:01 AM
Dude. So uncool to latch onto someone else's venting post with one of your own. Seriously, just start your own venting post!

Well 'EXCUSE ME' but the OP already sold his Vent. So I thought I would post mine here in case any one else was looking.

Jeff N.
04-01-2015, 08:08 AM
If you want to buy something and ask a seller to jump through some hoops, please at least communicate. Otherwise, don't get upset if as a seller I sell to the first person who actually pays and don't wait for you while you're doing whatever it is you are doing.I COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!! If you're interested in what I'm selling, POOP OR GET OFF THE POT!!! Communicate quickly and often. Don't waste my time, money talks, BS walks. Personally, I give a money back guarantee with ANYTHING I sell...that should be quite enough. (No, I'm NOT taking anymore close-up shots of the braking surface!!! And no, I have NO effing idea how many miles are on them!!!) -Jeff N.