PDA

View Full Version : Fix It Sticks -- Looks promising

Keith A
03-29-2015, 03:58 PM
Just saw this about the Fix It Sticks and they look interesting...
http://www.slocyclist.com/fix-it-sticks-replaceable-edition-review/

AngryScientist
03-29-2015, 04:18 PM
Keith - i've been using them for a few years now. they rock.

Steelman
03-29-2015, 05:16 PM
Just saw this about the Fix It Sticks and they look interesting...
http://www.slocyclist.com/fix-it-sticks-replaceable-edition-review/

Thanks for sharing. Why have we not heard of this before?

teleguy57
03-29-2015, 06:02 PM
Great product; Brian Davis is a local guy -- and a good guy to boot. Check out his latest design (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fixitsticks/backbottle-the-jersey-friendly-bottle-for-all-cycl). Folks here who have tried the Back Bottle have given it a big thumbs up. It the details that make it work.

Dead Man
03-29-2015, 06:55 PM
My old trusty Bell multitool recently flew out of my pocket on a bomb... I've been riding around with loose allens in my jersey pocket while I procrastinated researching a new tool..... but you've found it for me!

Looks sweet.. ordering.

blilrat
03-29-2015, 07:12 PM
Another pleased customer. I purchased a set when he had his kickstarter. This new version with the interchangeable bits is the only thing I'd change about the set I bought. The original bits were glued in place so you had to buy a new 'stick' to get different sized bits.

Shortsocks
03-29-2015, 07:20 PM
Keith - i've been using them for a few years now. they rock.

I swear AS, you have used every tool ever created. It just amazes me. :eek:
I love it. I'm still figuring out the most rudimentary things....

93legendti
03-29-2015, 07:51 PM
I just ordered the Fix It aluminum (for on the bike) and the Fix It replaceable (for my travel bike case) thru Amazon.

Thanks for the heads up.

tumbler
03-29-2015, 07:52 PM
Very cool, thanks for sharing.

rnhood
03-29-2015, 07:59 PM
Those are interesting and I haven't seen or heard of these before.

cbresciani
03-29-2015, 08:08 PM
Picked up a set a couple of weeks ago, they work great, definitely worth it.

old fat man
03-29-2015, 08:21 PM
I tend to grab something more diverse if I remember to pack a multi tool:

http://pedros.com/products/toolsfor-the-ride/icm-multi-tool/

I'd hate to have these sweet fix it sticks in my pocket, only to realize I was missing the tool (torx size, allen size, chain tool) I really need when I reach for it.

thirdgenbird
10-03-2015, 11:04 PM
Is everyone still liking their fix it sticks?

It looks like the replaceable version fix it sticks is only you really missing a chains tool and spoke wrench. Luckily, the Pedro's six pack chains tool is small and includes spoke wrenches on the handle. You could even leave the Pedro's 5mm wrench at home if you wanted to consolidate further.

R3awak3n
10-04-2015, 06:24 AM
I have a replaceable version and really like mine. Just took it on a 6 day mini tour and was used quite a bit, great tool.

I don't need a chain tool because I use quick links and don't bring a spoke wrench unless on a multiple day ride so I don't miss those tools on the fix t sticks.

I also got mine in eBay for $27 shipped, they guy had a bunch when I bought mine.

Cicli
10-04-2015, 06:29 AM
I am not a fan. First time I had to use them the 4mm bit fell out and vanished in the long roadside grass. They have been on the bench ever since. Never lost a bit out of my multitool.
PM me if you want whats left of them.

SlowPokePete
10-04-2015, 06:53 AM
I bought a set in an attempt to clean up my tool pack...they ended up in the tool box, not getting much use.

Nice tools but I like the size and tools in my lezyne tool better...

SPP

guido
10-04-2015, 07:05 AM
I like the Topeak Ratchet Rocket

http://www.amazon.com/Topeak-Ratchet-Rocket-Lite-Tools/dp/B00P2BB2PE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1429439538&sr=8-2&keywords=Topeak+Ratchet+Rocket+Lite+DX

Yes the bits are separate but they stay well in the case and when put into the handle and the handle is tough and well designed... It fits tight spots perfectly unlike most multitools.

R3awak3n
10-04-2015, 07:44 AM
I am not a fan. First time I had to use them the 4mm bit fell out and vanished in the long roadside grass. They have been on the bench ever since. Never lost a bit out of my multitool.
PM me if you want whats left of them.

take him on this offer thirdgen, get the lost bit for cheap at any hardware store.

Thats the great thing about it, lost bits or new bits (cuz who knows what ever the bike industry will come up with next) can just be bought and put on the tool.

Like I said I used it extensively on a mini tour and the bits didnt seem to come out easily but it would be unfortunately to loose one on the side of the road when you most need it.

thirdgenbird
10-04-2015, 09:48 AM
I have a replaceable version and really like mine. Just took it on a 6 day mini tour and was used quite a bit, great tool.

I don't need a chain tool because I use quick links and don't bring a spoke wrench unless on a multiple day ride so I don't miss those tools on the fix t sticks.

I also got mine in eBay for $27 shipped, they guy had a bunch when I bought mine.

I use quick links too. In the unlikely event a chain breaks, you may need a chain tool to remove a link to get a quick link installed. I figure the spoke wrench is a no brainer being on the handle of the chain tool.

Tihsepa, sent you a pm.