PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Brian Eno: The Man Who Fell to Earth

bluesea
03-28-2015, 06:42 PM
Preview and free trial and Fandor.

https://www.fandor.com/films/brian_eno_the_man_who_fell_to_earth?utm_campaign=f ilmtitles&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&mkwid=cn4fQxNsQ%7Cpcrid%7C43960515939%7Cpkw%7Cnetf lix%7Cpmt%7C%7Cpdv%7Cc&gclid=CIWv8ampzMQCFVFffgodOnkAOw

Drmojo
03-30-2015, 10:23 AM
i have adored this guy since Roxy Music days
all good
ambient
Fripp
Byrne
and so many other collaborators
so nice to see this on the forum
thanks a bunch
just broke my hip on the bike
so reading and watching vids and movies is all I ca do
stay hip!!!
pun naturally intended!!!
mojo

redir
03-30-2015, 12:42 PM
Cool! I'll have to watch this soon. Good luck with the hip mojo :eek:

bluesea
03-30-2015, 01:25 PM
Same here, enjoy your rehab Drmojo.

Kind of surprised in the lack of interest. Still have my free movie at Fandor, so maybe tonight.

On another note the short flowing water plant scene in the preview, is taken directly for Russian director Andrei Tarkovsky. Tarkovsky, IIRC, used it twice in two films. A short BW transitional shot in Andei Rublev, and more languorous color *viewings* in Solaris.

fuzzalow
03-30-2015, 05:25 PM
Same here, enjoy your rehab Drmojo.

Kind of surprised in the lack of interest. Still have my free movie at Fandor, so maybe tonight.

On another note the short flowing water plant scene in the preview, is taken directly for Russian director Andrei Tarkovsky. Tarkovsky, IIRC, used it twice in two films. A short BW transitional shot in Andei Rublev, and more languorous color *viewings* in Solaris.

No, no lack of interest on my part. I've been a fan of Eno since the 1980's. I wasn't sure about taking up on the movie offer because the signup and subscription details are not very forthcoming on the Fandor page. So when I think they're screwing with me I just blow off the offer - c'mon just tell me what it costs and don't be coy!

Good that you know of Takarsky's "Solaris" - fine cinema.

bluesea
03-30-2015, 08:29 PM
^ If they require me to buy, then cancel just for the preview, perhaps I'll pass as well.

I'm going to say Andrei Rublev is my top film from Tarkovky.

pcxmbfj
03-31-2015, 02:35 AM
Looks like they want subscription to trial then can cancel before first bill unless sent an invitation.
These offers come off like sham just to get a list of emails.
Hard to know what's legit.

bluesea
03-31-2015, 09:21 AM
Looks like they want subscription to trial then can cancel before first bill unless sent an invitation.
These offers come off like sham just to get a list of emails.
Hard to know what's legit.

I haven't had a legit business farm out my email yet (or maybe I have). I get about 5 spam a day.