PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try the new Specialized Power saddle yet?

preludervtec
03-27-2015, 10:35 PM
I was thinking about trying out the new Specialized Power saddle. Does anyone have any personal experience with it yet? Hard to tell how much they cut off the nose but I think it might suit my riding style. Currently been riding a 143mm Toupe for the last few years and want to try something new.

rnhood
03-28-2015, 05:47 AM
I've tried the demo saddle in 155 but only for a short ride so the jury is not in yet.

- The overall profile of the saddle is closer to the Romin than the Toupe. And this is evident the moment you sit on it. You can feel some of the Romin, and a little of the Toupe also.
- It spreads the load fairly evenly. The wings do not roll down quite as much as the Romin. The sit bones still carry most but the percentage is less that on the Toupe, and even the Romin, as the saddle's shape provides more even contact throughout the sitting area. This tends to give the impression of really good initial comfort.
- The saddle has thin padding - at least the demo saddle does. Its on par with the upper end Toupe and Romin in this regard. The other models may have slightly more.
- You can tell the nose is shorter (not sure why they did this), but it doesn't seem to affect the saddle's performance. The profile and length does promote one position, although I could slide back and forth a little. Slide too far back and the wings start rubbing your hamstrings, slide too far forward and you're losing some nose support - which may only be an issue if you routinely slide forward.

Right now I will stay its very promising but, the jury is not in. Like all saddles, its hard to tell how well it works until you log some miles on it.

shovelhd
03-28-2015, 09:52 AM
I didn't even know about it until now. Thanks for the heads-up. I ride a 143mm Toupe Pro. I don't have numbness issues often, but I do race in an aggressive position. The one thing the reviewers said that concerns me is that there is only one sweet spot. Noplace else to move. It's worth a trial though if I can get a loaner from the shop.

Spdntrxi
04-07-2015, 07:24 PM
Yes.. But I stripped my enve clamp.. So rushing around sourcing anotherhttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/04/07/f7eaf2afc586168116fd8daa4de790d2.jpg