PDA

View Full Version : Frame choice

Aspen
04-12-2006, 07:33 PM
My final choices are a Moots Vamoots SL and a Pinarello Dogma FP. This bike will be for training and 3-5 hour rides; it will not be raced. Although different from each other, both will compliment my current stable. Need some help please.

e-RICHIE
04-12-2006, 07:44 PM
red is faster.
blue is stronger.

mls
04-12-2006, 07:45 PM
moots

dbrk
04-12-2006, 07:45 PM
I'd wager that very few of us have had a great deal of experience on both bikes. My experience with Moots has been stellar, though I'd personally not spend the extra money for the SL: cost/benefit. I had a steel Pinarello Opera (not the Opera brand, the steel Opera model, do they still make this?). I could never get comfortable with the geos. Just one fella's experience.

dbrk

Jack Brunk
04-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Moots SL by a landslide.

Jack

fstrthnu
04-12-2006, 07:51 PM
3-5 hours? Not racing?
Moots.

Thats an easy one.

Fstrthnu

jerk
04-12-2006, 07:56 PM
dogma.

jerk

fstrthnu
04-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Jerk,

You Jerk. Check Your PM Bro.

IMHO
Fstrthnu

Smiley
04-12-2006, 08:24 PM
whichever has the lower BB and longer wheelbase , I think thats takes the Pinerallo out of the picture

Jeff N.
04-12-2006, 08:28 PM
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTS! Jeff N.

Dr. Doofus
04-12-2006, 08:30 PM
the one with neat-o decals

Jeff N.
04-12-2006, 08:37 PM
the one with neat-o decalsThat would be the Moots. Kinda reminds me of the HOOTERS logo. Jeff N.

saab2000
04-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Dogma

I have never been disappointed with an Italian racing bike. You don't need to race in order for a racing bike to be the most appropriate.

Dr. Doofus
04-12-2006, 08:49 PM
That would be the Moots. Kinda reminds me of the HOOTERS logo. Jeff N.

there was a Hooter's prime in a women's race a week ago

doof laughed

bad taste man

bad taste

e-RICHIE
04-12-2006, 08:50 PM
there was a Hooter's prime in a women's race a week ago

doof laughed

bad taste man

bad taste

kobe beef is better.
and classier yo.

Aspen
04-13-2006, 10:00 AM
But e-Richie, red and blue can't be the deciding factor.

The Moots is silver and the Pinarello is black or gold!

e-RICHIE
04-13-2006, 10:07 AM
have it schiebed (http://www.earlscheib.com/)

pdonk
04-13-2006, 11:14 AM
red is faster.
blue is stronger.

Get a purple bike for the best of both worlds.

Dr. Doofus
04-13-2006, 12:42 PM
doof's ridley is equal parts red and blue

strong and fast yo

DavidK
04-13-2006, 03:11 PM
My final choices are a Moots Vamoots SL and a Pinarello Dogma FP. This bike will be for training and 3-5 hour rides; it will not be raced. Although different from each other, both will compliment my current stable. Need some help please.

I'm having a very similar choice: Serotta Legend Ti/St vs Pinarello Paris Carbon

Today I went and rode the Paris, and I did enjoy it, but something nagged me, and it was this:

In the cycle store hung a Seven (http://www.sevencycles.com/) Alaris SG.

It struck me that the carbon monocoque I was on was stock. It's been designed for a racing position, for a combination of aerodynamics and lightness. It's then been averaged to fit 'most' or at least 'many' racing cyclists, and packaged out and is now being sold.

The Paris is a beautiful bike, it truly is. But it's not a bit made for me, it's a bike made for Portel or another racer.

The Seven has been made for someone. It fits that persons desires and ride, and is designed for durability, comfort (not a permanently hunched over, arse over hands position), that persons idea of ride (nervous, responsive, stable... whatever).

Not only that, but the Seven exuded an incredible amount of quality. It seemed to just shine. The lugs were wonderful, the finish lovely. And as such, the quality radiated outwards... both bikes had Campy Record, but the stuff on the Seven just seemed to somehow have a higher quality look.

Simply... the Moots is going to rival or beat that Seven, and the Dogma isn't far from the Paris. Go for the Moots... it will be YOUR bike, fitted for YOUR riding, and it will be of such quality as to steal your breath away.

Me? I'm being fitted for the Serotta on Tuesday, though that Seven is now flirting with me quite dangerously.

jerk
04-13-2006, 07:56 PM
I'm having a very similar choice: Serotta Legend Ti/St vs Pinarello Paris Carbon

Today I went and rode the Paris, and I did enjoy it, but something nagged me, and it was this:

In the cycle store hung a Seven (http://www.sevencycles.com/) Alaris SG.

It struck me that the carbon monocoque I was on was stock. It's been designed for a racing position, for a combination of aerodynamics and lightness. It's then been averaged to fit 'most' or at least 'many' racing cyclists, and packaged out and is now being sold.

The Paris is a beautiful bike, it truly is. But it's not a bit made for me, it's a bike made for Portel or another racer.

The Seven has been made for someone. It fits that persons desires and ride, and is designed for durability, comfort (not a permanently hunched over, arse over hands position), that persons idea of ride (nervous, responsive, stable... whatever).

Not only that, but the Seven exuded an incredible amount of quality. It seemed to just shine. The lugs were wonderful, the finish lovely. And as such, the quality radiated outwards... both bikes had Campy Record, but the stuff on the Seven just seemed to somehow have a higher quality look.

Simply... the Moots is going to rival or beat that Seven, and the Dogma isn't far from the Paris. Go for the Moots... it will be YOUR bike, fitted for YOUR riding, and it will be of such quality as to steal your breath away.

Me? I'm being fitted for the Serotta on Tuesday, though that Seven is now flirting with me quite dangerously.

and you'll ride the seven built for you and you'll ride the paris carbon built for someone else but designed by someone who knows what they're doing and the paris will kick the crap out of the seven.

jerk

e-RICHIE
04-13-2006, 08:03 PM
and you'll ride the seven built for you and you'll ride the paris carbon built for someone else but designed by someone who knows what they're doing and the paris will kick the crap out of the seven.

jerk

yeah and it'll turn that seven into three two's and a one atmo.

Fixed
04-13-2006, 09:37 PM
bro seven is good if your shootin craps
imho
cheers

pdxmech13
04-13-2006, 10:12 PM
don't buy the girls bike. :cool: