PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Selle Anatomica

R3awak3n
03-20-2015, 03:43 PM
Just got an email about this:

http://selleanatomica.com/pages/crowdfund

interesting stuff but weird that they don't even have a model with TI rails and are going straight to a full carbon saddle idea.

Cicli
03-20-2015, 03:51 PM
Will not own. I think Brooks went good with the Cambium, Selle Anatomica went bad with carbon.

R3awak3n
03-20-2015, 03:55 PM
well I am sure there were people that opposed the cambium and I think it has been pretty successful. I have one and really like it.

I agree that the carbon is a bit overkill but I think its interesting and a good experiment. It could be comfortable. Most of the weight weenie carbon saddles are very narrow. A wider carbon saddle might work, carbon has nice elasticity. It will definitely be expensive though but they could easily get the weight to be under 200g. The selles are 500g saddle.

It would look weird on a race bike though but would work on a fast rando bike.

bobswire
03-20-2015, 03:59 PM
well I am sure there were people that opposed the cambium and I think it has been pretty successful. I have one and really like it.

I agree that the carbon is a bit overkill but I think its interesting and a good experiment. It could be comfortable. Most of the weight weenie carbon saddles are very narrow. A wider carbon saddle might work, carbon has nice elasticity. It will definitely be expensive though but they could easily get the weight to be under 200g. The selles are 500g saddle.

I agree, though it's not my cup of tea ( I favor their leather version) I think there would be a market for it

tumbler
03-20-2015, 07:44 PM
This is an interesting move given that their customer base is probably more of the distance/touring variety than the weight weenie type. It could be a cool saddle if it works, but that is one part on my bike that I don't want to worry about on a long ride when I am far from home.

don compton
03-20-2015, 09:50 PM
I have gone from from Brooks B-17s to a few others and finally to Selle Anatomica's. If they can lower the saddle's weight while keeping the comfort, I am all for it.

R3awak3n
03-20-2015, 10:28 PM
it would be a substantial weight loss. Most carbon only shell saddles weight in the lower 100 grams even with ti rails.

Maybe they could put some padding, not a lot but just a bit of leather padding.

choke
03-20-2015, 10:34 PM
It appears to me that the big thing in the 'leaf spring', which I would imagine is designed to allow the saddle to flex.

IJWS
03-20-2015, 11:03 PM

It took IDEO (the guys that told Steve Jobs something called a Mouse would be a cool thing) six (6) years to design the Cambium. How much time does Selle Anatomica have invested in their project?