PDA

View Full Version : status update on frame build

04-12-2006, 04:07 AM
I was wondering what the collective genius at serotta had to say about getting a status update on a new frame and fork order.

I ordered a new Nove' via my dealer and i did not want to call and harass him so i was wondering if I could get an update via the forum?

I will be more than happy to PM vital information

thanks
Kevin

William
04-12-2006, 05:16 AM
What order?? :confused:

William ;) ;) ;) :D

04-12-2006, 06:49 AM
Ya know my order the bike ya know--yeah that one.
K

Bruce K
04-12-2006, 07:20 AM
I would not consider a request for an update to your LBS harassing him unless you were doing it weekly. :rolleyes: :crap:

If a reasonable amount of time has gone by (4 weeks), the LBS should be able to get you an update.

Serotta Andrew might be able to give you the approximate time-frame that orders are running.

BK

ergott
04-12-2006, 07:44 AM
I thought you already had a Nove. What happened to it? Serotta updates their dealers via the website in the dealer section. Getting an update takes about 30 seconds. My experience is they are pretty spot on with the ETA.

04-12-2006, 07:57 AM
I thought you already had a Nove. What happened to it? Serotta updates their dealers via the website in the dealer section. Getting an update takes about 30 seconds. My experience is they are pretty spot on with the ETA.

Ya know the answer to that,
I ordered another because the current one I have is a carbon and Ti wind chime.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/Kevinhetzel/saddaynove.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/Kevinhetzel/NewBike.jpg

e-RICHIE
04-12-2006, 08:06 AM
Ya know the answer to that,

george?

04-12-2006, 08:11 AM
george?
I was probaly going the same speed but I was in my car...
K

e-RICHIE
04-12-2006, 08:12 AM
K

this wouldn't have happened if
your car was made out of steel.

Bruce K
04-12-2006, 08:22 AM
Did you have Owner's Club protection on that one (I hope)? :(

If not, will you be buying it on the new one? :D

BK

ergott
04-12-2006, 08:23 AM
K

The frame in the second pic looks fine.

04-12-2006, 08:28 AM
The frame in the second pic looks fine.
it is a game to figure out the before and after--

as for owners club NO-and NO

I have a provision in my Home owners policy that covers replacement value of my bikes-

that being said I have not recieved a check yet, so I may not get anything.

I'll let you know how it all turns out.
K

dave thompson
04-12-2006, 09:09 AM
<snip>....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/Kevinhetzel/saddaynove.jpg
Can you tell us what happened?

Nevermind, I get it now. :(

Serpico
04-12-2006, 09:13 AM
bell bottom fork

davids
04-12-2006, 09:58 AM
K
Ouch. Although it looks like a nice, clean break!

As someone who was going 35mph on his Nove today, I was a bit nervous until I read your explanation...

I hope the new one is in your hands soon. What's it going to look like?

bostondrunk
04-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Beer - $8
Vodka - $20
BBDave's Zebra Suit - $250
Ramming your Serotta into the top of your garage door - PRICELESS

:beer: :D

catulle
04-12-2006, 10:21 AM
Hey, BD, I think you better come down to the tropics where good beer goes for $0.50. You´re welcome anytime, dude. :beer:

Chad Engle
04-12-2006, 10:25 AM
My lbs was more than happy to check the website to let me know exactly where the build process was. Kinda fun.

Anyway, my real question is who is your homeowners with? If it's too personal a question I understand. But I tried to get all risk, replacement cost coverage on my contents through American Family and they don't offer it. I'd love to know who would.

Thanks,
Chad

bostondrunk
04-12-2006, 10:25 AM
Hey, BD, I think you better come down to the tropics where good beer goes for $0.50. You´re welcome anytime, dude. :beer:

Sweet. I think your C50 will fit me as well....heh heh :beer:

manet
04-12-2006, 11:17 AM
bell bottom fork

http://millartime.com/transformers/images/bottom.jpg

04-12-2006, 12:07 PM
My lbs was more than happy to check the website to let me know exactly where the build process was. Kinda fun.

Anyway, my real question is who is your homeowners with? If it's too personal a question I understand. But I tried to get all risk, replacement cost coverage on my contents through American Family and they don't offer it. I'd love to know who would.

Thanks,
Chad

I have encompass and they have been really helpful through the process I will keep you posted on how it all turns out.

I decided to bug Signature Cycles about the status and he had an answer in 2 minutes. So I am sastified about ETA's.

Paul Has been really fantastic about getting this order in ASAP and getting the deal done in world record time.
May 5th is my ship date.

As for the Look

Same decals with and F3 fork black Nokons with a thumb loop back under the Red tape and Red SLR

K

dbrk
04-12-2006, 06:30 PM
I called Serotta today with a few questions about my incoming Legend and, lo and behold, was told that my frame is in production. That's pretty darn swell news, faster than I thought. I'm so looking forward to this bike and think the parts kit is ready. Good luck with yours but don't hesitate to call your dealer: they are in the business of selling bikes and should be happy to talk to you. Ask nice, get nice!

dbrk

catulle
04-12-2006, 06:38 PM
I called Serotta today with a few questions about my incoming Legend and, lo and behold, was told that my frame is in production. That's pretty darn swell news, faster than I thought. I'm so looking forward to this bike and think the parts kit is ready. Good luck with yours but don't hesitate to call your dealer: they are in the business of selling bikes and should be happy to talk to you. Ask nice, get nice!

dbrk

Dear Dr. Douglas,

Would you kindly let us peek into your plans for the new Legend? Saddle? Wheels? Other components?

Thank you so much for reading, and thank you in advance for your response.

Warm regards,

Catulle