PDA

View Full Version : Falz or Enve fork for Pegoretti

TomP
03-16-2015, 03:20 PM
My new to me Pegoretti has a Reynolds Ouzo pro 1 1/8 fork. I'm thinking of updating it Any opinions on Falz vs. Enve? Thanks.

Cicli
03-16-2015, 03:23 PM
Enve makes some of the nicest composites out there. You will not be disappointed.

thirdgenbird
03-16-2015, 03:34 PM
I would go falz. I love the look and it only seems right on a peg.

reggiebaseball
03-16-2015, 03:40 PM
The Reynolds Ouzo Pro fork is as good as they come.
I have Ouzo, Enve, Falz, and custom steel forks (one by Dario and one by Dave Kirk), and the Ouzo is just as effective as any other.

Heads up I like Ouzo better than the Enve, it is also lighter and more compliant than the Falz (less jarring over not-perfectly-smooth terrain)

I replaced the Ouzo with custom steel for fork now, but I have it carefully saved and would not part with it.

The Falz looks too chunky on older pegs, it is a better match to the 2013+ with the thicker tubeset and bigger headset.

In summary,
Enjoy your new Pegoretti as-is.

Save your money for better tires, or better bib, better wheels, things that will make more tangible improvement,

What model pegoretti is it?

bluesea
03-16-2015, 04:16 PM
I bought and sold a NOS 45mm Ouzo Pro, because I thought I'd buy another Pegoretti. The OP worked well on my Duende, and the Faltz crown looks clunky. Ymmv.

http://i.imgur.com/P7zTILKl.jpg (http://imgur.com/P7zTILK)

TomP
03-16-2015, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll stay with the Ouzo Pro. I got a Love #3. I'll post a photo soon.

mistermo
03-16-2015, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll stay with the Ouzo Pro. I got a Love #3. I'll post a photo soon.

Coincidentally, I bought an Ouzo Pro earlier today, before reading this thread, for my Duende.

pdmtong
03-16-2015, 09:59 PM
The peg fork lineage goes

Mizuno
Ouzo pro (Dario's preferred fork until discontinued)
Trigon (replacement for OP)
Enve (place holder while trigon out and falz coming - Dario dislikes straight forks)
Falz - D11 new frames with bigger dia tubing etc

If the frame is older ouzo pro
Current models get falz

My peg has a trigon. It's fine but I like the op or falz lines better. I'd switch it but it's painted to match ciavete

TomP
03-17-2015, 05:08 AM
Wow...this is really cool to know. It is a bit older Love #3 and the visual of the op is good.

Birddog
03-17-2015, 06:23 AM
The peg fork lineage goes

Mizuno
Ouzo pro (Dario's preferred fork until discontinued)
Trigon (replacement for OP)
Enve (place holder while trigon out and falz coming - Dario dislikes straight forks)
Falz - D11 new frames with bigger dia tubing etc

If the frame is older ouzo pro
Current models get falz

My peg has a trigon. It's fine but I like the op or falz lines better. I'd switch it but it's painted to match ciavete
There was at least one year when Mizuno's were used. I was under the impression that GITA Sports provided the forks for some of Dario's frames sold in the US, with his OK of course.

bluesea
03-17-2015, 12:19 PM
Apparently there's a new version (at least to me) Faltz fork posted on Dario's facebook page. Pic shows a Conti 28c on Archetype with ample clearance with Campy brakes. Banana worthy, for sure.:banana:

tiretrax
03-17-2015, 02:05 PM
Apparently there's a new version (at least to me) Faltz fork posted on Dario's facebook page. Pic shows a Conti 28c on Archetype with ample clearance with Campy brakes. Banana worthy, for sure.:banana:

I think it's worth the whole bunch for wider tire clearance.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Matt-H
03-17-2015, 02:06 PM
There was at least one year when Mizuno's were used. I was under the impression that GITA Sports provided the forks for some of Dario's frames sold in the US, with his OK of course.

My Fina was spec'd with a Mizuno. I recently replaced it with an Ouzo Pro. Great fork!

einreb
03-17-2015, 02:16 PM
The Reynolds Ouzo Pro fork is as good as they come.

I picked up an older fina estampa a few months ago and just 'assumed' that I'd want to move to a falz, enve, etc. First off, there's a 5mm (off the top of my head) axle to crown difference between the ouzo and those forks.

Now having owned and ridden the peg for a few months, I'm very happy I just kept the Reynolds. I've seen numerous references to Dario loving that fork and that the Falz was a result of it being discontinued.

YMMV,

Bernie