PDA

View Full Version : calling oleg tinkoff...

weisan
03-16-2015, 03:17 PM
Sagan: "I got one in the bag!"

Tinkoff: "Хорошо! Мы по-прежнему предстоит пройти долгий путь, чтобы пойти с моей $ 12 млн инвестиций ... вы называете моим приятелем д-р Ferrari еще?

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2015/03/16/2/sptdw115_670.jpg

Cicli
03-16-2015, 03:20 PM
"Хорошо! Мы по-прежнему предстоит пройти долгий путь, чтобы пойти с моей $ 12 млн инвестиций ... вы называете моим приятелем д-р Ferrari еще?

Yeah. What he said. Thats pretty funny Pal.

Gordito
03-16-2015, 04:49 PM
did he actually say that or is this the OP joke

Black Dog
03-16-2015, 06:17 PM
If true funny.

"Good! We still have a long way to go with my $ 12 million investment ... and have you called my friend Dr. Ferrari yet?"

Shortsocks
03-16-2015, 06:55 PM
If true funny.

"Good! We still have a long way to go with my $ 12 million investment ... and have you called my friend Dr. Ferrari yet?"

Lol. That's some funny stuff.
I'm sure $12 million looked really nice before the Russian Sanctions. :mad:

oldpotatoe
03-17-2015, 05:45 AM
Sagan: "I got one in the bag!"

Tinkoff: "Хорошо! Мы по-прежнему предстоит пройти долгий путь, чтобы пойти с моей $ 12 млн инвестиций ... вы называете моим приятелем д-р Ferrari еще?

http://cdn.media.cyclingnews.com/2015/03/16/2/sptdw115_670.jpg

I twittered(twated?) for a little while and had Oleg follow me or me him or something. All his tweets were in Russian and even translated, real confusing. Me thinks he was tweeting with this.

tiretrax
03-17-2015, 09:48 AM
I'm sure $12 million looked really nice before the Russian Sanctions.

And oil over $100/bbl.

MattTuck
03-17-2015, 09:56 AM
And oil over $100/bbl.

If anyone happened to catch the the Frontline episode about Putin a few months back, it was truly eye opening.

On the flip side, I believe all contracts are priced in Swiss Francs, and rich Russians view getting their money out of Russia as a national pass time. I'm sure he has enough squirreled away.

Waldo
03-17-2015, 12:11 PM
If true funny.

This is a mistranslation. The Russian word "называете" from называтb means "to name" rather than "to call" as in "to telephone." It's possible that the tweet was translated from Russian into English or another language, then retranslated back into Russian, because grammatically, the entire tweet is in really poor Russian.

Black Dog
03-17-2015, 01:06 PM
This is a mistranslation. The Russian word "называете" from называтb means "to name" rather than "to call" as in "to telephone." It's possible that the tweet was translated from Russian into English or another language, then retranslated back into Russian, because grammatically, the entire tweet is in really poor Russian.

I will pass all blame to google translate. That is how I translated it.

tiretrax
03-17-2015, 01:49 PM
If anyone happened to catch the the Frontline episode about Putin a few months back, it was truly eye opening.

On the flip side, I believe all contracts are priced in Swiss Francs, and rich Russians view getting their money out of Russia as a national pass time. I'm sure he has enough squirreled away.

In that case, they're doing ok - swiss franc has been on an upswing, too.