PDA

View Full Version : FS: Bont Vaypor+ white, size 44 (or trade for Giro Empire VR90)

weightshift
03-12-2015, 08:17 PM
Hi,

These are literally (as of today), a week old. 140 miles on them (did an 80-miler over the weekend), and one heat molding. Pictures show condition. These may be too stiff for my funky feet needs.

Asking $275 shipped in the CONUS only. They were originally $399 plus tax to me. My loss, your gain.

Added: would be open to trading for a pair of Giro VR90 MTB lace-ups. Black, size 44.

All photos here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0d47zbospd205sk/AABq7SwNhxseuR-nt0pYxxKna?dl=0

http://clients.weightshift.com/cl/bonts/08.jpg

Thanks.

bianchi10
03-12-2015, 08:49 PM
Best pair of cycling shoes I have ever had. I now own 2 pair in different colors and will be ordering a 3rd color this summer. Someone will get a great pair of shoes for a good discount. Good luck with the sale!

ultraman6970
03-12-2015, 08:53 PM
Bump for a great pair of shoes :)

katematt
03-13-2015, 09:51 AM
How does the size compare with Shim/Sidi and specialized if possible. Or anything else for that matter.

Thanks.

weightshift
03-13-2015, 02:26 PM
How does the size compare with Shim/Sidi and specialized if possible. Or anything else for that matter.

Thanks.

I find them true to size. I've run all of those brands, save for Specialized, and current shoes for the past two years were Giro Factors in a 10. I'm technically a 9.5/9.75, but I like a bit of room for thicker socks and toe movement so I've always worn 44s across all the brands. I've not ridden in Specialized much, but from trying them on, I find the Specialized on the longer end —·according to them anyway, a 43.5 is a 10.25 and a 44 is a 10.6 (not sure why Specialized has sizing like that), but I've tried a 43.5/10.25 in those and they fit.

The Bonts have a nice roomy toe box, which is the beauty of these shoes. I love that part.

The stiffness for my lateral foot issues (an ongoing thing over the years), and the the of riding I tend to do (road, but we tend to go off road often for some adventuring) means that I'd rather not beat the carbon tub soles down and makes me realize I need to experiment further more with shoes. It's a pricey experiment, but how else are we to know right? Can't know until you try it, and by then, it's non-returnable.

It's a damn fine shoe and I'm bummed (shoes and saddles are like the never-ending quest), but hopefully they can go to someone at a great price.

makoti
03-13-2015, 03:14 PM

Thanks.

This may help you. http://www.bont.com/Cycling/items/support/sizeWizard_cyclingShoe.html

weightshift
03-14-2015, 12:46 PM
Bumping for the weekend!

Happy trails, everyone.

bianchi10
03-14-2015, 01:16 PM
The bont wizard size chart is crap and tends to be off for a lot of people. I found that recommending someone to get the same size they would in a specialized S works does the trick. They seem to run parallel in sizing with my experience.

weightshift
03-17-2015, 01:31 PM
Amended: also open to trading for a newish pair of Giro Empire VR90 MTB shoes, black, size 44.

many_styles
04-07-2015, 10:49 PM
PM sent.

Unfortunately according to Bont's sizing chart, I'm a 43, not 44 (even though my Giro's are 44)