PDA

View Full Version : Tirreno-Adriatico Stage 2 (Spoiler Warning)

Shortsocks
03-12-2015, 12:59 PM
Once again.

**SPOILER WARNING**

For anyone who caught the Stage 2 of Tirreno-Adriatico.
Man there was a Wicked Crash today in the Final 300 meters. I had no Idea until a sec ago, It was a Mechanical From Cav. And it WASN'T Sram this time. :banana:

Video and Explanation of His Mechanical.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/mark-cavendish-mechanical-blamed-for-tirreno-crash-video-162021

I guess they are "Investigating" What happened.

I guess his Chain Flew off the Big Chainring to the Right. You can see him pull his Right Foot out of the pedal and He jerked violently. Really SUCKS for everyone behind him.

I wonder how much power goes into a Cavendish Drive for that to happen?

MattTuck
03-12-2015, 01:07 PM
He half-wheeled the unsuspecting and innocent Viviani... unintended mechanical or not. If he wins any future stage, perhaps he can give the winnings to the victims of his mechanical.

rnhood
03-12-2015, 01:46 PM
Probably wasn't set up or adjusted just right. Good that they all got up and moved around. Some ice and Advil, and they should be ready to ride tomorrow.

Shortsocks
03-12-2015, 02:57 PM
Is it just me or does Cavendish have an extra ordinary amount of accidents, or head bunts, super shoves and mechanicals? It seems that dude is always causing or starting/crashing. Don't know, but Jesus.

BdaGhisallo
03-12-2015, 04:16 PM
He half-wheeled the unsuspecting and innocent Viviani... unintended mechanical or not. If he wins any future stage, perhaps he can give the winnings to the victims of his mechanical.

How do you half wheel someone who started the sprint behind you? should Cav have eased up to allow Viviani to come alongside?

His chain came off, Viviano got clipped and took more riders down. It wasn't intentional. it is the nature of sprinting that ···· happens sometimes.