PDA

View Full Version : Conti Comps vs Veloflex Crits ONLY

BigDaddySmooth
04-11-2006, 09:17 AM
Guys,
Which would you choose and why?

sspielman
04-11-2006, 11:36 AM
I have found that there is somewhat of a divide on Continental tubulars. The bigger riders like them and many smaller riders do not. I fall into the latter category. I find their ride rather harsh. On the other hand, Veloflex tubulars are for me close to perfection. They have a fabulous ride, grip like crazy, have excellent casing strength , excellent puncture resistance and reasonable wear rates. People often reminisce about the great tubulars of the old days....but very few of those old tires were the equal of a modern day Veloflex. The only disadvantages that I can see are the cost and the fact that there are often in short supply...there can be period of months when they are virtually unobtainable.

Too Tall
04-11-2006, 12:48 PM
What my boyeee Sspielman said :) Veloflex all day long esp. in that price range. Are you using them for racing, training what? FWIIW I have not heard anything about the new 06' line Conti's.

BigDaddySmooth
04-11-2006, 01:00 PM
Racing is for the young bucks...I will use them just to help me discriminate the fine nuances of the road.

saab2000
04-11-2006, 01:05 PM
Veloflex