PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't they wait for George?

paulh
04-11-2006, 07:34 AM
Just viewed my recording of P-R last night and scanned most of what is here. Maybe I missed something, but why didn't the two Discovery guys wait for George after he crashed? It was clear they didn't even pause. If George was not hurt and just needed a bike change the two may have been able to pace him back up to the front. Otherwise what's the team for? They kept commenting what a great position they were in since Boonen was isolated from his team. Fire away.....and hey....thanks for reading, atmo.

e-RICHIE
04-11-2006, 07:40 AM
Just viewed my recording of P-R last night and scanned most of what is here. Maybe I missed something, but why didn't the two Discovery guys wait for George after he crashed? It was clear they didn't even pause. If George was not hurt and just needed a bike change the two may have been able to pace him back up to the front. Otherwise what's the team for? They kept commenting what a great position they were in since Boonen was isolated from his team. Fire away.....and hey....thanks for reading, atmo.

because they still had two motors in the break.
still good odds.

Argos
04-11-2006, 07:41 AM
They needed to stay with the group. If George gets right back up and starts chasing he may catch the lead group (Like Ballan and Lil "G"). If he needed them to fall back, they could, but if they stop and he does not get back up, the race is all but over. The lead group is gone.

stevep
04-11-2006, 07:47 AM
because they still had two motors in the break.
still good odds.

never give up a great spot for a questionable one.
they should have and did move on.

Johny
04-11-2006, 09:27 AM
They knew GH was gonna fall hard anyway...maybe they cut GH's fork the night before...a lot of speculation on the internet these days.

gasman
04-11-2006, 12:28 PM
never give up a great spot for a questionable one.
they should have and did move on.

They just shouldn't have moved over the RR tracks.