PDA

View Full Version : Look Pedals - so many models now

ColnagoFan
03-11-2015, 04:46 PM
So I'm finally in the market for some new pedals to replace my trusty Keos.
Issue is now, I go to their site, and there is the Keo 2 Max, Keo 2 Max Blade, Keo Blade 2...
So what's the difference between say the Keo 2 Max Blade and the Keo Blade 2? They both use the same Keo cleats I'm assuming...

John H.
03-11-2015, 05:57 PM
Blade 2 has been redesigned.
All older Keo 2 pedals shared same spindle with two cartridge bearings.
Keo 2 Blade has a different spindle and bearings.
Keo 2 Blade also supposedly has a lower stack height. 13mm vs. 15.7mm.
Good thing on paper but possibly not as good if you have different Look pedals on various bikes.

Black Dog
03-11-2015, 09:21 PM
Blade 2 has been redesigned.
All older Keo 2 pedals shared same spindle with two cartridge bearings.
Keo 2 Blade has a different spindle and bearings.
Keo 2 Blade also supposedly has a lower stack height. 13mm vs. 15.7mm.
Good thing on paper but possibly not as good if you have different Look pedals on various bikes.

They all use the same cleats. Why would different pedals on different bikes be an issue? Just set the sadle to adjust for the stack height.

ultraman6970
03-11-2015, 09:55 PM
Look was wise, they built the pedals around the cleats.

Openroad2000
03-12-2015, 10:28 AM
Also Shimano, Time or even Campagnolo. Their cleats do not change over the years.

oldpotatoe
03-12-2015, 10:33 AM
Also Shimano, Time or even Campagnolo. Their cleats do not change over the years.

Well sorta. Shimano-Look type, then SPD-R then SPD-SL.
Time-Equipe then Impact
Campagnolo-Look type then Pro-Fit

ColnagoFan
03-12-2015, 11:00 AM
They all use the same cleats. Why would different pedals on different bikes be an issue? Just set the sadle to adjust for the stack height.

Yes, exactly, that's not a big deal. I was planning on two sets for my bikes, then I should be set for another large amount of years, hopefully. Different stacks doesn't matter as the pedals stay with the bikes.
Just confused as to the number of seemingly different models. Max, 2, etc...

FlashUNC
03-12-2015, 11:19 AM
Well sorta. Shimano-Look type, then SPD-R then SPD-SL.
Time-Equipe then Impact
Campagnolo-Look type then Pro-Fit

Time also has even newer cleat designs. I think they've changed cleats more than anyone. RSX cleats won't work with the new iClics or Expressos, and that's like years from the Equipe/Impact cleats.

ultraman6970
03-12-2015, 02:57 PM
RXS cleats should have been kept, because if you compare the latest incarnation of time pedals cleats and the rxs cafe ones, the differnce is minimal, like 5 mm of difference between them, no sense at all IMO. Time trying to be special again, and i'm a time pedal user, hope they dont discontinue the rxs/impact line up because have no intentions to move to the new pedals.

coreywood
03-14-2015, 09:29 PM
The Max model has a wider contact are for the cleat over the Classic and below, but above that level the width is the same give or take.

The Keo Blade 2 (CR or Ti), as opposed to Keo Max 2 Blade, is "Aero" (hence the smoother shape of the cleat contact area as well as body). It also has a carbon body versus the KM2B's "composite" body. And the different spindle/bearing, and stack height mentioned above.

FWIW:
KB2 stack 13mm
KM2B stack 14mm
K2M stack 15mm

oldpotatoe
03-15-2015, 06:11 AM
The Max model has a wider contact are for the cleat over the Classic and below, but above that level the width is the same give or take.

The Keo Blade 2 (CR or Ti), as opposed to Keo Max 2 Blade, is "Aero" (hence the smoother shape of the cleat contact area as well as body). It also has a carbon body versus the KM2B's "composite" body. And the different spindle/bearing, and stack height mentioned above.

FWIW:
KB2 stack 13mm
KM2B stack 14mm
K2M stack 15mm

Thanks.....Speedplay or shimano-IMHO