PDA

View Full Version : Wound Up long reach fork fender clearance

sandyrs
03-11-2015, 07:12 AM
What's the widest fender that this fork can clear? I know it's able to take a 35mm from experience, but can it go wider? I have my eyes on a set of PDW City fenders but if they won't work, they won't work.

hampco
03-11-2015, 12:33 PM
40mm Honjo fenders are tight, any bigger won't go.

christian
03-11-2015, 12:39 PM
I run 41mm smooth Honjo Koken fenders on the pistachio Hampsten. They fit perfectly. (I think you could get the PDW 45mm fenders to fit with a tiny pinch at the fork crown,. and if you don't run a tire larger than 25mm. But don't hold me accountable if that's not true.)

http://christianedstrom.com/vsalon/iPhone/Camera_Roll/IMG_0786.JPG

sandyrs
03-11-2015, 01:34 PM
Thank you both. That's exactly the info I was looking for.

christian
03-11-2015, 02:08 PM
Hey - I can do one better!

I have SKS 45mm fenders on my wife's Trek. I can slide the front fender into the fork crown of my Wound Up and take a picture of how much it deforms. (Obviously that fender is thermoplastic, not metal, but it might still be useful.)

Let me know.

sandyrs
03-11-2015, 04:20 PM
Hey - I can do one better!

I have SKS 45mm fenders on my wife's Trek. I can slide the front fender into the fork crown of my Wound Up and take a picture of how much it deforms. (Obviously that fender is thermoplastic, not metal, but it might still be useful.)

Let me know.

That's okay, I trust your and Steve's experience and would rather use a fender which doesn't require modification to work. But I appreciate the offer!