PDA

View Full Version : Lost a team mate

djg
03-08-2015, 08:29 AM
Yesterday was a tough get together for Squadra Coppi -- a memorial service for James B. Anybody who raced in Virginia, DC, or MABRA knew James, or Giacomo, and his passion for the bike. Gone way too soon, and he is missed.

avalonracing
03-08-2015, 08:46 AM
I'm really sorry to hear that.

I used to see him a lot at races over a decade ago and raced against/with him many times. I say "with" because even though we were on competing teams James was a clean racer and a great guy.

He had a good attitude which isn't always the case in bike racing. In fact, it is so rare that he is one of the few people on other teams that I actually remember.

I'm sure he'll be missed by many.

-Robb

zap
03-08-2015, 08:47 AM
Very sorry for your lose.

I learned of James' passing from a very close friend. I never met James but heard that he loved to travel and raced hard.

makoti
03-08-2015, 09:17 AM
I was part of Coppis a long time ago, more in name than anything else. Only did training rides on occasion. Didn't really know James until, oddly enough, I went to Italy for a vacation. I came down to meet everyone, and looked at this guy & thought, I know him. Turned out to be James & his new bride, on their honeymoon. Great week. The man loved to ride.
Very sad news.

Raffy
03-08-2015, 09:33 AM
Sorry for your loss. My condolences.

velomonkey
03-08-2015, 10:47 AM
I knew him - not totally well, but Dale B and Sean F were good buddies of mine who I raced/rode with and James was always in that crowd. I haven't seen or ridden with him in a long, long time.

Saw the news on Facebook was just really sad. I'd give anything to go back to the 90s and ride with him again.

shovelhd
03-08-2015, 11:04 AM
Ride on.

carpediemracing
03-08-2015, 11:10 AM
I did some searching. He's only 7 years older than me. Strikes home. My condolences.